Playing v1.1.24b Games After v1.1 Installation

With the arrival of the v1.1 patch (thanks BTS!), I just want to confirm the following:

I can install v1.1 and play new games under v1.1, but still play the games I started under the v1.1.24 beta patch as long as I launch the game from the game from the v1.1.24 beta executable.

Right? I’d hate to lose the PBEM’s I’m playing under the beta patch.

If someone already covered this question, I apologize, but I haven’t seen it addressed on this forum yet….

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JessRobinson:

I can install v1.1 and play new games under v1.1, but still play the games I started under the v1.1.24 beta patch as long as I launch the game from the game from the v1.1.24 beta executable.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I haven't installed 1.1 yet, but I think what I'm going to say is true. 1.05 is a seperate executable than 1.1b24. When you install 1.1 final, it will overwrite 1.05. Your 1.1b24 executable will be left alone. So yes, you can continue playing with 1.1b24 if you want. The question is, why? As others have said, just install 1.1 and continue playing your 1.1b24 pbem games with 1.1final. That *should* work. If not, you can continue playing with 1.1b24 since that executable will not be overwritten.

------------------

Jeff Abbott

Last night I installed 1.1 and tried to load some PBEM files from B1.24. Some would work, but I got the "your opponent's file was created with an older version...." warning message with the later ones. Has anyone come across this problem?

Guest KwazyDog

420, are you sure those files werent created in 1.05 by your opponent? As far as I am aware, all beta 24 PBEM's should import into 1.1 final.

i'm pretty sure they are beta files. we started the game on v1.22b and upgraded to 1.24 along the way. in one game series, i can read the 1st half of the files, but the latter half i'm can't open. if i sent him 1.24 files, he wouldn't be able to use 1.05 to read and respond to them, correct? i'm baffled.

Guest KwazyDog

Hmmmmm, thats odd 420.

Any chance you or your opponent still have beta 24 there 420? If so, you would be able to load them up in the game and save them. The saves should open in 1.1 with no problems.

Dan