Mortar fire at Night...how?

I'm playing a PBEM game against a friend and he is using 60mm mortars at night with no LOS. How can he do this? Not spotters, but onmap units. None of his command units could possibly have eyes on site (rounds started falling in the first 10 seconds of the game).

Thanks,

Tom

With no LOS I think it might be easier to fire at night. It would be easier to see the muzzle flashes of enemy troops and guns. During the day you wouldn't be able to use those as targeting points because they wouldn't be noticeable.

------------------

The names Ash, Housewares

mgwhore.gif

[This message has been edited by Ash (edited 08-04-2000).]

Not totally unrelated, I am playing a scenario now in a snowstorm, and my 3 inch mortar is totally useless.

On the one hand I can't fire at anything closer than about 115m; on the other hand I can't see more than 50m away... and I can't target things that aren't in my LOS for some reason.

I tried to use a leader to augment the LOS range, but 50m + 50m is still less than 115m, so no success.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by patboivin:

I am playing a scenario now in a snowstorm, and my 3 inch mortar is totally useless.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heheh! I too am playing a scenario in a snowstorm (at night) and can't see past my nose. I have a mortar crew baking cookies in a house out the back of the scenario. But I was able to spray mortar rounds about earlier in the game because I had an FO for 81mm mortars. He couldn't see squat, but he was able to place indirect fire out of his LOS. Not that it did me much good, eh Pat?

:^)