Voodoo Smoke

I have a relatively new video card--Voodoo3 2000. I wasn't real happy with the smoke effects in CM. I just updated my drivers and-lo and behold-the graphics are outstanding!! I can now get the smoothed out smoke effects and the gun muzzle fire and explosions are fantastic. Don't even get me started on catastophic vehicle destruction. Just increased my love for this game 10 fold.

Have fun all......Chris

------------------

Land Soft--Kill Quiet

I don't know about Airborne's drivers for his V3 2000, but I, too, was having trouble with smoke on my Voodoo3 3000 AGP (you could see the whole square "texture" as well as the smoke it contained). I installed the 1.05.00 WHQL drivers from:

http://www.3dfxgamers.com/drivers/voodoo3/voodoo3_win9x.stm

The high quality smoke now works as it should . Since these drivers are for "Voodoo3 2000/3000 AGP/PCI" they should work for you, Kuroth. Good luck!

BTW, this thread probably belongs in the "CM - Tech Support" forum.

New driver's hell they retooled the whole interface!..have you looked at all the option's now avalable wow! feel's like i bought a new vid card tdfx also give's you a

pretty neat overclocker too although they only recommmend a 10% boost on core clock speed...iv'e got mine up to around 16%..but that seems too be the max.

Anybody else experienced problems with the 1.05 WQHL drivers?

I recently tried installing them, and thank GAWD I had imaged my HDD just a coupla days before. The new drivers COMPLETELY hosed my system. Note that I have never experienced any problem with upgrading V32000 drivers before this time.

After I "upgraded" my system would no longer run the desktop higher than 800x600, and no 3D graphics would run at all (Glide or Direct3D). I am using DirectX 7.0a. Finally had to just restore my HDD image. Again, I'm so glad that I've gotten into this backup routine...the upgrade path is full of mortar craters. smile.gif

Maybe I got a bad download. I'm gonna download the thing again, and give it another go. Of course, I'm gonna image that HDD right before I try it.

Thanks for the input gents. I did post a similar message to the CM Tech section.

I did'nt have any problem with the new driver, Digdug. Before I could complete my driver install, however, I had to d/l a new Internet Explorer service pack from microsoft.com. After this, I completed my video driver d/l (1.05) and I was blowin' things up real good.

Chris

------------------

Land Soft--Kill Quiet