Going from TCP/IP to PBEM

Guest Madmatt

I need more info on this! No one has sent me a report (or if they did I havent seen it yet) and I am trying to track down someone that can tell me what they are seeing and how it occurs.

Madmatt

Guest Madmatt

Okay, I see what the problem is. I am checking with Charles to see if there is some way to change this.

Basically what happens is that whoever loads a TCP saved game as a PBEM will automatically render the movie when they click done. This keeps their opponent from being able to issue orders for the current turn.

If one player has already given his orders (in TCP mode)and the OTHER player saves the

turn then all orders will be saved and the player that saved the game can reload it as a PBEM and finish giving their orders. The problem occurs if neither player has finished giving orders or if the player that HAS finished giving orders is the one to save the game.

A temporary workaround is to ensure that at least ONE player has finished giving orders in a TCP game that you wish to continue via PBEM AND to make sure it is the player that is NOT done giving orders that saves the game.

Hopefully this is something Charles can fix, I will update here as soon as I hear back.

Madmatt

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 12-18-2000).]