Tank AI when behind bunkers

I have a request for an improvement for tank AI. Usually when a tank sees a concrete bunker with a 75mm or 88mm anit-tank gun in it, it realizes it can not take it out and backs-up lobbing smoke at the bunker. That's pretty smart of the tank.

What annoys me is when you maneuver your tank around the bunker until it is safely outside the bunker's field of fire and the tank still wigs out. It will continue to identify the bunker as the primary threat and launch smoke shells at it even if there are enemy tanks that are much more attractive targets. I think tanker crews should know when they are beside/behind a bunker and act accordingly. Just a small detail in an otherwise great game. Thanks!

Have to agree with you here. Tanks should be able to see that they are not in danger, because they cannot see the firing slit. Therefore, they should ignore the bunker, or if they can kill it, they should try.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

I agree. I've had tanks reacquire targets and try to smoke a pillbox from about an 80 degree angle from the firing slit (i.e. from the side). I would have much preferred them to shoot at what I told them to shoot at. Of course, the AI is still worlds beyond anything I've seen in other games, so this is a minor point. CM2 maybe?

BeWary

------------------

"Liberty or Death?" Make it "Victory or Pretty Damned Badly Wounded", and I'm yours. - a prospective recruit during the American Revolution.

A related comment, I'm playing the beta, Wild Bill's 'combat!'. On turn 2 I have the Sherman target the bunker. The kill % is low, but I want them to try. The Sherman refuses, shoots smoke at the bunker, even tho it only has a MG. (Now that's the 'right' tatic, cause it allows my troops to close assault, but..) In the CM (non beta) the Sherman will fire HE at the bunker, and will knock it out!!