Speed of actions and log

Neon

Is there any way to change a speed of ingame actions? Units moves and fires each other too fast so it's hard to control the process even with a pause. And is there a way to see how much damage one unit caused to other during the firing - something like a log?

Yes, you can change the combat speed, which sets the amount of delay between combat actions. I set mine to 0 because it can get very long for larger scenerios. Also under option menu is the option to select click sounds. This also acts to speed up combat for network play. For solitare I like the sounds because it helps me keep track of what is going on. The little skull boxes are indicating that a "kill" occured. The box with an "S" in it indicates suppression. Look under the reports menu at "situation report". I don't use it much but it might contain the information your looking for.

Select the "Options/Change Combat Speed" menu item. Enter a number that represents 1/60ths of a second. If you enter 60, there will be a one second delay between weapon fires. If you enter 120, there will be two seconds. And so on. Most people stop using this feature after playing a couple of dozen games. In general the more one plays, the less one cares about noting every single fire exchange.

As for determining lasting damage, right click on an enemy or friendly unit icon and then select "Info" from the pop up menu that will appear. Or use a faster shortcut - click on a unit icon and just read the line of text in the status bar (information window) at the bottom of the map.

[ March 10, 2006, 08:55 AM: Message edited by: MajorH TacOps Developer ]