Scenario creation bug, kind of, sort of

OK, first let me say I have not thoroughly read the book re: this, On the other hand it may not have occured that anyone would something as silly as I did.

I created a scenario with lakes and heavy woods near the edge. When re-enforcements arrived, tanks ended up in the woods unable to move or in the water. During play, I rationalized this a break downs of equipment.

Is there a way of designating that units arrive on a road?

In the particular situation, the reinforcements arrived on clear gound near the problem areas, It was somewhat random that a unit would be lost. It is more common if the unit is big, in terms of number of troops. and the area they are arriving on is small or narrow area.

Also, I have a problem with snipers. It would seem to me that if a sniper is in heavy brush or rubble firing at moving units 200 to 300 meters away with their ambient firing and tank noise, that it would be very hard to know where a single shot came from. Yet, I have the sniper take one shot and all Hell breaks loose. After several minutes I can see that the sniper would be located.

Is there a way to keep them better concealed and lower the rate of fire? I want to use them to disrupt activities like mine clearring, etc.

Guest Michael emrys

"Is there a way to keep them [snipers] better concealed and lower the rate of fire?"

Have you tried giving them a Hide command at the start of, say, every other turn? Might prevent them from just banging away.

Michael