Pegasus Bridge Scenario

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dutchman:

I played the Pegasus Bridge scenario and

my graphics did not show a night time situation. Do I have a setting wrong?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which version did you play? Load the original CD version into the games scenario editor, and change the setting in parameters to night, that should fix it.Or,you can go to the Rugged defense website and download the revised version.Or smile.gif, I can mail you a revised version when I get home.How's that for trying to correct the problem biggrin.gif ???

If all this fails,and you still see no night, it may be a video card issue.

Dick smile.gif

I was using the orginal CD version, however

I was not aware that you could edit/change

the settings of the game. Just started exploring CM...there is so much to know.

Thanks a bunch. Will try it out tonight....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Glad to help,hitorically most of the action took place at early dawn.I remember pondering whether it should be a day or night scenario when designing it, but can't remember 100% what I decided.I think at the time I was of a mind to make it nighttime for the sake of LOS and a more interesting battle,but forgot to change the setting to nighttime after playtesting.I also remember,however, thinking that by the time they landed on the ground [ taking into account when they left and how far they flew]it was awfully close to daylight anyway.This is what happens as you age, the mind gradually turns to lumpy oatmeal with no sugar added biggrin.gif.At any rate, most likely the scenario should historically be set at night, so I've offered a corrected version at the Rugged Defense website.If you have more questions, just holler in my direction smile.gif!

Dick

I think you did a fantastic job designing the scenario Dick. I just finished reading a book about the bridge and was anxious to play the game and see how close to "real" it would play. Except for the night thing ( I believe they landed before 0100 and the whole thing was over in 15 minutes or so. The counter attacks went on through the night and the next day.) I was most impressed how the 2 tanks never made an attempt to pass the T junction of the two roads.( at least my game ). Historically well represented. The author of the book explained had they made the correct decision with the tanks and attacked the bridge area the Germans most certainly would of regained contol of the bridge. Most everything else was historically correct as far as I could tell. The book mentioned a nasty German sniper that caused a bunch of problems and the fact that the British actually used the 75mm AT gun after they took the bridge. Anyway, thanks for the pleasure of playing out a historically well presented scenario.

I think you did a fantastic job designing the scenario Dick. I just finished reading a book about the bridge and was anxious to play the game and see how close to "real" it would play. Except for the night thing ( I believe they landed before 0100 and the whole thing was over in 15 minutes or so. The counter attacks went on through the night and the next day.) I was most impressed how the 2 tanks never made an attempt to pass the T junction of the two roads.( at least my game ). Historically well represented. The author of the book explained had they made the correct decision with the tanks and attacked the bridge area the Germans most certainly would of regained contol of the bridge. Most everything else was historically correct as far as I could tell. The book mentioned a nasty German sniper that caused a bunch of problems and the fact that the British actually used the 75mm AT gun after they took the bridge. Anyway, thanks for the pleasure of playing out a historically well presented scenario.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dutchman,

That is the absolute finest compliment I've ever,ever received for a scenario.I thank you so much for it biggrin.gif, it really means a lot.I won't forget it,it's inspiring to say the least. smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Many,many Thanks

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Grognerd_Fogman:

I jus changed the scenario to a night battle with the editor. Took me a while to find it as I was looking for a "Pegasus Bridge" file...lol. Then I went to the description an noticed it's Ham-N-Jam. Nice work DR.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks, you guys be careful or my head'll explode biggrin.gif

Man,nothing like the praise of your fellow wargamers to make your day, thanks guys,much appreciated smile.gifsmile.gif