Can rifle infantry take out tanks

Guest Shatter50

Guest Shatter50

I have been playing my demo in anticipation of the delivery of my full version CM. So far only tanks and bazooka troops have taken other tanks out. My troops with rifle never even target tanks even close. Don't they have grenades or something to attack the tanks.

yeah they can. they hiff grenades and other crap and scare the bejessus out of the tankers hehe

Just today I had a platoon charge an unknown light tank to discover it was a flame Wepe thing! Christ! It squirted me three times, but missed with two because of my nimble and plucky troops. Still, cpl of people died redface.gif.. anyway, my troops shot and hiffed grenades and killed a crew member. He was lucky in my mind.

The next, he backed off and a Marder spotted it pop out from the treeline and got him for my boys hehe wink.gif

PeterNZ

Guest Mirage2k

Infantry squads are equipped with panzerfausts (if German) and rifle grenades (if Allies). These are only effective at close range (<25 meters is about where you'd like to be, in my experience).

Also, if you get your troops REALLY close to that tank, they can perform "close infantry assaults." This is where they crawl all over the tank, open the hatches, throw grenades under the wheels and into the crew compartments, drag crew out, etc. Note that this action is visually represented in CM by your infantry throwing a grenade at the tank.

-Andrew

------------------

Throw me a frickin' smiley, people!

Your one-stop-shop for gaming news is www.SiegersPost.com ! Hit it!

[This message has been edited by Mirage2k (edited 08-20-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shatter50:

I have been playing my demo in anticipation of the delivery of my full version CM. So far only tanks and bazooka troops have taken other tanks out. My troops with rifle never even target tanks even close. Don't they have grenades or something to attack the tanks.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, infantry close assault is possible (although sometimes costly). Infantry that have rifle grenades will employ them when the TacAI decides, and I believe the range on this is something like 100ms or less (off the top of my head, others might show up with better answers). Infantry directed to attack a tank, or that the TacAI sends against them, won't usually do much until the AFV is within 30ms, and usually not much then. I don't think a true close assault takes place until the tank and infantry are within 10ms of each other. Usual possitive result, depending on the vehicle, will be immobilized, and sometimes they actually knock it out all together. Chance for a real kill, of course, depends on how tough a tank you're dealing with.

------------------

After witnessing exceptional bravery from his Celtic mercenaries, Alexander the Great called them to him and asked if there was anything they feared. They told him nothing, except that the sky might fall on their heads.

Guest Shatter50

Where you guys getting these little smiley faces and frowns. They are kinda funny. Also what is this member and junior member stuff. Excuse my stupidity, I have only been on battlefront for a few days.

Shatter,

When you post a reply, look in the area to the left of where you are typing. You will see a link titled "Smiles Legend" click there.

biggrin.gifsmile.gifredface.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shatter50:

Where you guys getting these little smiley faces and frowns. They are kinda funny. Also what is this member and junior member stuff. Excuse my stupidity, I have only been on battlefront for a few days.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You get 'member' status after 30 posts. Of course, they don't have to have any particular value, or I'd still be at about 15... biggrin.gif

------------------

After witnessing exceptional bravery from his Celtic mercenaries, Alexander the Great called them to him and asked if there was anything they feared. They told him nothing, except that the sky might fall on their heads.

Guest Shatter50

I got a beef with Capt Miller. There has been a challege declared by others. For him doubting me. True I am still a newbie but I think I can give him more than a challenge. Anyone know anything about him.

In the Arnhem operation i had two platoons assembling in the open ready to assault the bridge.

So over comes an ememy Puma armored car, it dodges my PIATs, and reaches the point where my platoons are, and ****s itself.

Three squads throw gammon bombs, to my utter horror, when they explode, i have two dead platoons on my hands.

Had a company of Gebirgsdudes take out 2 sherms with fausts and then two Bishops with nades. Perfect ambush.

Tried a quick scenario yesterday where a house was below a hill (no clear sight until it's too late for the enemy), placed 10 Falschirmjägers in the house result 1 sherman, 1 halftrack and 44 infantry casualties. Btw I didn't loose a single soldier in that team. It's the worst case of heroism I've seen in CM to date. Infantry is deadly if your lucky and skilled in deploying them.

when trying to take out armour with infantry, try crawling "C" in front of the target's projected path. His treads generally become so gummed up with the innards of your squashed troops, that the crew has no choice but to abandon the tank and descend to the carnage below, where they promptly slip on aforementioned innards and bang their heads on the tank's fender, rendering themselves effectively dead. wink.gif

Admittedly costly, but alas, what cost victory.

------------------

"Well then private, it must be sh*t. Good thing we didn't step in it."

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by deanco:

no one is very serious around here except when it comes to historical accuracy. THEN they get serious. -<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And the old Hamster v. Chinchilla debate! That is dead-serious too...

------------------

Andreas