FOR BTS - New Option for next Patch or CM2

Currently, there are two ways a losing side can end a scenario: surrender or call for a cease fire and hope the other side does also.

I'd like to see a third option: withdrawal. I am currently in a scenario that I would like to do this. I don't want to surrender (I still have troops left) but not enough to win the battle.

The point allowance I leave to you...but I envision the side giving up the field to earn a bit more points than if they had surrendered.

I appreciate you considering this.

------------------

Webmaster

http://www.trailblazersww2.org

http://www.vmfa251.org

Yah I agree for CM 2 something like this might be kool, with the computer calcualting casualtiies lost witha fighting withdrawl... this would save LOADS of time by not having to manully withdraw everyone... I jsut surrender half the time becuase its too time consuming to do otherwise :P

------------------

SS_PanzerLeader.......out

Agreed. This would be very nice for PBEM. Both players know who's going to win, but you don't want to have to take the time to fight to the end, and neither cease-fire nor surrender quite fit what they have in mind. Basically, just assume that the loser is able to move most/some of his troops off the field (handing it over to the winner), maybe depending on LOS/proximity to enemy units, and calculate a score.

This isn't an essential addition, but it sure would be nice.

I think someone else mentioned this recently, but I want to second it.

Being a great disciple of the practice of throwing up one's arms and scuttling away like a cockroach, I would like to see an 'abandon' command. My British soldiers were valiantly running for their lives the other day, all but a poor Vickers machinegunner, who was still lugging his weapon even though he was nearly surrounded and all his friends had left him to die. =) I would like to order him to drop the gun, so I would be left with a Crew squad, which I could order to run away with the rest. The same for immobilised tanks please.

Capitulating pathetically has got to be realistically modelled! =)

David

would you like fries with that sir