TacOps Article in Training & Simulation Journal

MajorH TacOps Developer

http://tsj.dnmediagroup.com/story.php?F=1043791

Training & Simulation Journal -- October 2005

Training from a hobby.

Computer game transforms into international tactical simulation.

By Michael Peck

October 24, 2005

I.L. Holdridge didn’t intend to design a tactical simulation used by the armies of four nations. He just got tired of playing with tiny tanks. "I wanted to play armor miniatures without a footlocker full of manuals, dice, tapes, terrain boards and painted vehicles," he said.

Frustrated by lack of time, space and opponents, many war-gaming hobbyists have switched from board games and miniatures to computer games. Holdridge did one better and designed his own computer game. A decade later, "TacOps" is played by thousands of hobbyists. It’s also an official training simulation used by the U.S. Army and Marine Corps, as well as the Canadian, Australian and New Zealand armies.

... The rest of article is at the link above ...

Major you stud you!

And to think when my wife picked this game up from the closeout stuff at that Babbage's in North Carolina that my addiction would begin.

Brings a tear to my eye to see how the little 3.5 disk game has grown into the programming beast that delights us and burdens you.

Thanks for the game and your sweat and tears to make it great.

"Dammit, who took my T-72 range string! Hey you idiot put that matchbox down its my BMP platoon over by Kessel!"

Northern Wedding / Bold Guard 1988