Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Well now...

Mornin' boys,

Haven't been terribly active on the forum (school's taking up a lot of time). Saw the "Polish Soldiers" thread, and instead of blowing my top, calmly played a QB and wiped out an SS Company with a Polish para platoon (supported by 2 Vickers). Anyway, just wanted to let you know I'm still alive and kicking here in Driel, although I've got my hands full, no PBEMs right now (near Christmas, perhaps?)

Ah, chivalry is not dead.

Ahem. I accept your honorable challenge my good Sir. I am nearing completion of two games sometime in the next couple of days. I shall email you with the particulars of weapon choices (Ladder Affiliations). The usual twenty paces I presume (Rated)?

smile.gif

------------------

"Wer zuerst schiesst hat mehr von Leben"

Moto-(3./JG11 "Graf")

Bruno Weiss

What a fresh breeze from when we were being sieged in Warsaw, Bruno. I'm actually going up against a German force with tanks now against a commander who believes in chivalry...ahhhh, nice.

You should receive my e-mail in reply, sir, detailing when I can start advancing my forces to the field and deploy them, along with terms for battle.

Tiger, don't worry about it. It'll be just like the Falaise Pocket. wink.gif

Certainly my good General, for what is war without honor. As the Britisher's would say; it's just not Cricket, what?

Oh-ho Tiger; care to take a number sonny? Or shall I see you over my 76 muzzles in the Blitz Tourney? smile.gif

------------------

"Gentlemen, you may be sure that of the three courses open to the enemy, he will always choose the fourth."

Field Marshal Count Helmuth von Moltke, 1848-1916

[This message has been edited by Bruno Weiss (edited 10-31-2000).]

Tiger-quickly, we can launch a two pronged assault-he'll be so confused by our tactics that he'll have to surrender immediately! wink.gif

Bruno, forget about the British my fine foe, they left us stranded here in Driel with a cut ferry and some canvas boats to cross the river that is well covered by German MGs. Never mind, however, we'll finish the job like we did at Monte Cassino and at Falise, with help from our friends. wink.gif

Well, Gen. Sosabowski, I almost mentioned your name in the "Polish" thread, but forgot. As a tongue-in-cheek joke of course. smile.gifbiggrin.gif

But seriously, after playing "Cambois" with the Polish, my infantry was about totally useless as they kept ROUTING when they got shot at.