Seven-Six-One

One problem I am having with the CM engine is the designation of "fanatic" units. By any measure 761 was fanatic, but they served regular (or veteran in the case of the 29th) units. When you designate a side as having a chance of being fanatic everyone gets a chance unless you make some of them green. The infantry they served with were by no means bad, but they were not on the same level as the 761 in terms of never breaking -- some of the 761's worst moments came when their infantry called it a day before the tanks could extract themselves.

It would be useful in the CM engine if you could designate individual subunits as being possible fanatics rather than the entire side.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Slapdragon:

Thanks Aacooper!. It does sound like several different units engaged 761 / 26ID since 761 faced Panthers at Chateau-Salin and Guebling but faced leg based antitank units supported by Infantry at Morville-les-Vic and Stugs at Vic-sur-Seille. Of course the german leg units could of has Panthers attached, but more likely it sounds in the histories as if this "12th Panzer" was actually the 11th (probably a transcribing type which I have made in my own oral histories).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

11.Panzer-Division was almost destroyed in Russia in February 44. It was sent to the Libourne area of Southern France to be rebuilded. In August 44, its panzer regiment (Pz.Rgt.15) only had a Panther battalion (I./PzRgt.15 with 79 PzKpfw V’s and 8 FlakpzIV(37mm)) and no PzKpfw IV battalion. I don’t know if it received some PzKpfw IV’s but it seems only a handful of men (about 3.500 of whom about 800 were infantrymen) and little equipment were available in early December. It was in the process of reequiping with PzKpfw IV and V’s when the battle of the Bulge began.

The 761st tank Battalion was organized under Table of Organization 17-25 dated 15 September 1943. It never changed that organization. It had: 53 medium tanks, 6 medium tanks with 105 howitzer, 17 light tanks, 3 M21 Mortar carriers, 13 M3 half tracks and 39 trucks. There were other vehicles like ambulances recovery vehicles and ¼-ton trucks not included in the game. The TOE also asigned six 81mm mortars to the battalion.

Please remember that many German infantry division had a Panzerjäger company or abteilung equiped with a few Hetzers, Marders or StuGs.

Por cierto es correcto traducir "Order of Battle" por "Orden de batalla" smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fernando:

There were other vehicles like ambulances recovery vehicles and ¼-ton trucks not included in the game.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Isn't "1/4 ton truck" the official designation for what we civilians call a "Jeep"?

(PS to Fernando - The computer get's fixed Sat. I should have a turn back on Sun.)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dNorwood:

Isn't "1/4 ton truck" the official designation for what we civilians call a "Jeep"?

(PS to Fernando - The computer get's fixed Sat. I should have a turn back on Sun.)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi David,

Great!

I guess you're right about the 1/4 trucks. I didn't notice it. I was thinking about the 3/4 ton trucks when I wrote that message anyway.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Slapdragon:

Muchimos gracias Fernando! You are truly a gentleman and a scholar. (I am not sure if the Spanish use caballaro as a compliment or if it is an insult like some places in America del sur, and the word erudito sounds wrong, so I will stick to english with that!)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're welcome smile.gif

Me alegra mucho poderte haber sido de ayuda.

"Caballero" no es un insulto en España ni tampoco puede ser utilizado como tal. Se usa de la misma manera y significa lo mismo que "gentleman", aunque luego tenga también otros sentidos como "Knight". llamarme erudito quizás sea demasiado smile.gif Sólo soy un simple aficionado como tú.