Vehicles and barbed wire

OK, I think we had this discussion a long time ago, but it still bugs me! Do I have this wrong or does CM have only troops being hassled by barbed wire? I confess that I haven't tried to drive a vehicle through some yet...

Only reason I ask is that I am curious about what happens when you run a tank through some concertina wire - I once saw a deuce and a half truck run through some and it was a nightmare - the concertina wire wrapped around the axels, etc. In short, the truck became entangled and had to stop. I assume this would happen to jeeps and other vehicles but not sure what would happen to a tracked vehicle.

Someone out there knows and that's why I'm asking.

Here's my view to what should happen, not what actually happens in the game since neither I have tried it.

Wheeled vehicles: Can't pass, will become mired.

Half tracks: Might pass slowly, high risk of becoming mired.

Tracked vehicles: Pass at slight speed reduction, low risk to mire.

When (half-)tracked vehicles pass they open a gap that reduce the obstacle one "step".

Foot sluggers and tracked vehicles pass easily.

½-tracks pass like tracked on whole wire.

Wheeled pass like ½-tracks on whole wire.

These are my thoughts

Olle

I don't disagree with you, Olle, and I think that we should be able to blow holes through this stuff, hedgerows, walls, minefields, etc. I was curious if anyone actually had a story about a tracked vehicle or any vehicle actually getting caught up in the stuff.