My units vanished is it a bug

I was playing the campaign "A day in the Cavalry" was on turn 3 and during my move all my units VANISHED. Now that is some AWESOME camo on those scouts. Hehehe. I tried the bases on and enlarged them to max. A big no go on that. Anyone have this happen before on the PC?

Guest Michael emrys

They got sucked into a passing black hole. The Gerbil scientists were experimenting with them as an überweapon, but weren't able to control the parameters and it got away from them. Since then it has circled the earth in a low orbit collecting socks and small children whose pictures subsequently mysteriously appear on milk cartons.

Got your entire force, eh? Bad luck, old boy.

Michael

It's obviously the split-squad issue. All your squads must have been split, and then rejoined at exactly the same instant, whereupon a cataclysmic reaction resulted in them cancelling each other out, and vanishing completely.

David

------------------

They lost all of their equipment and had to swim in under machine gun fire. As they struggled in the water, Gardner heard somebody say, "Perhaps we're intruding, this seems to be a private beach."

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bonzai Bob:

I was playing the campaign "A day in the Cavalry" was on turn 3 and during my move all my units VANISHED. Now that is some AWESOME camo on those scouts.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was it all the units, or just the lead units (the scouts)? If it's just the lead units then they were captured. Later you'll see them marching like zombies toward the enemy rear area.

In the beta demo, units would sometimes vanish if you moved them into rubble, but that was fixed before CM was released.

Perhaps they followed Col. Eareckson's advice on assaulting the island of Attu in the Aleutians:

In viewing Attu's rocky shores,

While planning how to take it,

this thought strikes me more and more,

the Nips should first forsake it.

Since Attu ain't worth a hoot,

for raising crops or cattle,

Let's load with booze and take a cruise,

And just call off the battle.

I'd look for your cavalry in the nearest cellar with a barrel of Calvados. biggrin.gif

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

Jagdwyrm, if that was our game, it was probably your units initial reaction to the advance of my obviously overwhelming and superior forces on the field. Either that, or one of them lit a cigerette and the resulting smoke, as the AI is programmed to detect, triggered the United Federation's (SFFE) Schmoke Force Field Enveloper, which, as is discussed in other threads limits LOS, shells, bullets, lazer beams, nuclear warheads, or any penetration whatsoever save for the Top Secret superweapon, Das Hampstern.

smile.gif

------------------

"Wer zuerst schiesst hat mehr von Leben"

Moto-(3./JG11 "Graf")

Bruno "Stachel" Weiss

[This message has been edited by Bruno Weiss (edited 10-01-2000).]

Guest Big Time Software

Dunno if this will help, but I suspect that you have accidentally turned of "vehicles" using the SHIFT-V option. This turns off the graphics for all vehicles *and* fortifications (pillboxes and bunkers). We are unaware of any other reports of vanishing units other than the accidental use of this feature.

Steve