Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Halftracks revisited

Hi all

I just noted that in ver 1.1b22 the M3A1 HT can carry a full squad once again. I haven't found any report on this change from the #16 build. Comments?

While on the subject of transport capacity;

Isn't the SPW 250/1 a bit overrated with it's capacity of 7? From what I've understood it should really be dropped a notch or two.

On the other end we have the 2½ ton truck, that can only carry one squad in CM. Shouldn't it be able to take two squads at least, and for the small German squads perhaps even three (but maybe not a full platoon). At least it should suffice with two trucks to transport a full strength infantry platoon.

Comments?

Cheers

Olle

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Olle Petersson:

Hi all

I just noted that in ver 1.1b22 the M3A1 HT can carry a full squad once again. I haven't found any report on this change from the #16 build. Comments?

While on the subject of transport capacity;

Isn't the SPW 250/1 a bit overrated with it's capacity of 7? From what I've understood it should really be dropped a notch or two.

On the other end we have the 2½ ton truck, that can only carry one squad in CM. Shouldn't it be able to take two squads at least, and for the small German squads perhaps even three (but maybe not a full platoon). At least it should suffice with two trucks to transport a full strength infantry platoon.

Comments?

Cheers

Olle<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Damn, I was hoping this thread would be an Internet based re-interpretation of that wonderfully exciting & suspensful series- Brideshead Revisited. Rats.

Jim R.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ben Galanti:

Check this thread for the M3A1 answer:

www.battlefront.com/discuss/Forum1/HTML/013141-3.html <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I've followed that thread, which was the reason for this one (hence revisited). It says nothing about changing back M3A1 to full squad, and doesn't mention SPW 250/1 at all. Trucks are mentioned but not discussed.

Cheers

Olle

Guest Madmatt

Olle,

It is mentioned in the Docs from the patch, that no one ever reads apparently, that the M3A1 and M5A1 were put back to full squad capacity. Some of the reasoning behind this was the fact that the earlier changed messed with play balance on earlier scenarios too much and some of it was due to some new information we obtained from a variety of sources.

Madmatt

I cannot tell you just how happy I am to see the M3A1 halftracks returned to full-squad transports. When it was first announced that M3A1's would only carry half-squads I searched and surfed the Internet for hours trying to find information to refute it, but couldn't find anything. frown.gif That carlisle site linked above has some great information and "lessons learned."

One of the centerpieces of my QB strategy is to keep a mobile infantry platoon in reserve. Then, on about turn 20 to 25, they come riding into the fray with all guns blazing! Talk about turning the tide of battle...

------------------

My plan is the ultimate in “flexibility,” since I make most of it up as I go along! :)