Help, how do I unzip the demo?

I d'ld the 4 parter for the PC. I have it on my hdd right now. Big problem though. winzip 7.0 can't unzip it. I got 10 MB into the 30 MB d'ld just now when I lost the connection - damn, I hate when that happens frown.gif. I have a lowly 56k modem and life is definitely not good at the moment.

So I beg and plead for immediate assistance. How do I unzip these things so I too can experience wargaming nirvana that heretofore I've only read about while lurking here smile.gif.....Please?

Jeff Abbott

Yes, it should be, but when I double-click, I get an error "No CE signature found". The title for this little gem of a window is "PKSFX for Windows". Somethings not right and I'd really prefer not to have to slog my way through a 30 MB download that may or may not work. Appreciate your prompt reply though.

------------------

Jeff Abbott

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

First of all, get a program that can resume downloads as many times as necessary. Getright is a good one at http://www.getright.com .

The download is a self-extracting '.exe.' file for the PC. Just double-click on it to extract it. It should be called cmdemo.exe.

OK, got the demo unzipped. I had to d'ld the latest PKSFX file from someplace. Manually started PKSFX and opened each of the 4 zip files. It found some errors, fixed them, and then I could extract the fixed files. Next problem detailed in a separate post. Thanks to all.

------------------

Jeff Abbott