A thought for CM2 and for future CM games

Guest Shatter50

Guest Shatter50

I have recently started an operation where the German infantry out number the allied troops 2 to 1 the allies have 2 Pershings as an equalizer but the problem is by the end of every battle I am out of HE shells and am force to fire armor shells at the infantry which do very little but does hold the enemy back.

Anyway my thought was to have a Ammo and repair zone for the tanks and vehicles to return to to resupply rounds. Also a vehicle that carries ammo to the tanks and troops would be a good idea.

[This message has been edited by Shatter50 (edited 10-16-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Shatter50 (edited 10-16-2000).]

I agree with this, but this kind of thing has been discussed before.

A lot of other things could be done from one phase of an operation to the next:

ammo dumps

capturing AFVs and equipment

re-combining infantry into new teams or squads

re-entering abandoned vehicles

digging in

setting booby traps in buildings

cleaning up mine fields

a bit of recon

setting up new artillery reference points

dig tunnels

On and on.

The problem exists because CM is intended to be about tactical engagements, and operations are stretching that line, we are beginning to get into resupply and redeployment.

I agree with you, it would be great if we could do all those things.

It would be neat too if the time between phases of an operation could be longer, e.g. from a few minutes to a few hours, to up to a couple of days. Each side could re-deploy, dig in again, resupply, etc. and then the battle would continue.

We cannot also negotiate cease fires for prisoner exchanges, always a good opportunity to do all the things I listed above.

smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shatter50:

Anyway my thought was to have a Ammo and repair zone for the tanks and vehicles to return to to resupply rounds. Also a vehicle that carries ammo to the tanks and troops would be a good idea.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think the time limitation in a battle is too short to allow for something like this. Most long battles are only going to be an hour or so long. If you run out of ammo after 30 minutes, that leaves less than 30 minutes to get back to the resupply area, load ammo and travel back to the fight. Ammo trucks for emplaced (non-moving) arty pieces like what was in Steel Panthers 2 might be nice to include in CM2, though.

------------------

Cats aren't clean, they're covered with cat spit.