So... has CM been lucrative?

I read the Battlefront manifesto and I'd be a fool to not admit that CM boasts quality that I haven't seen in many years. (Isn't it bizarre that we can look back on those golden oldies with such nostalgia while the popular "hits" today have such pathetic longevity?) I thought I was losing my interest in gaming for a long time, it just turns out that game quality is in rapid decline.

Anyways, I've always known that developers usually get the shaft even if their product is a success. So my question is: As popular as CM is, are the internet sales proving to be more profitable than going through a Publisher? I know that the exposure suffers a bit seeing as how it's independent, but the fan base on this board alone is huge and very dedicated. I'm sort of curious to know how CM is performing in terms of sales and if BTS is doing well with it, maybe we'll see more products like CM in the future?

On a sidenote, this board is GREAT. For a long time I didn't talk about my WWII fetish with anyone. But now I realize that I'm not alone... It's great.

-Hawkeye

According to Steve, each online sale is approximately equal to ten in store sales.

About the amount of sales - BTS underestimated demand and sold out their initial stock in one week. And enough units of CM1 have already sold to assure a CM2.

Jason