Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Still trying to spread the word about CM

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

Hey y'all! biggrin.gif As of right now, I am in total agreement with BTS in holding off the release until THEY are satisfied with their product. I say this because I have been following the Star Trek Armada Forum for about a month now and am registered under the same name OBG and the "veteran members" of that board have been saying how that game is gonna rock when it comes out. Well, it has come out as of yesterday, and guess what, it's FULL of BUGS! Now the board is full of posts by disgusted people with the piece of crap that what was supposed to be a rockin' game. There's complaints about crash bugs, gameplay frustrations, slow mouse tracking, etc.

So BTS, take your time! smile.gif

In the meantime, I have been trying to pass the word about CM, but will little success. Seems some of the people are so wrapped up in the ST:TNG mindset that they are not really seeing the light.

The forum is located at http://www.st-armada.com/forum/Ultimate.cgi?

Oh yeah, be fore-warned, the average mentality on that board is about that of a spoiled highschool senior. smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Ol' Blood & Guts (edited 03-23-2000).]

Guest Schuggerbaby
Originally posted by Ol' Blood & Guts:

So BTS, take your time! smile.gif

Yeah, at least three weeks! I have to go to a working trip to france this long and fear i will miss something if the game is released earlier. I'm sure anyone on this board has comprehension for my motives and will be patient biggrin.gif

Schuggerbaby

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

No, but just when the forementioned game sucks big hairy donkey *you know what* as it comes out of the box and the ol' faithful fans have their head up the bequesters when their product falls short and they pretend it doesn't, then that's when they seem to have the mentality of a 16 year old thinking they know ALL about life.

And as far as the producers of the game, Activision. They have a tendency to fail in supporting their buggy games, like BattleZone II.

Guest MantaRay

Well, if you want a fun game to play, Lucas Arts Force Commander is it. It is a little easy, but the graphics are top notch, and ofcourse it is Star Wars. Not a bad game to play while waiting for CM, TF2, and whatever else tickles your fancy. When I complete the game, I will put a review on my Swat 3 site(and yes there is nothing to talk about with Swat 3, that is why I write about every other game besides S3)

And OBG, thanks for the heads up about Armada. I was about to buy it even though I am not a big Trek fan.

Ray

------------------

SWAT 3 Page

Panzer Elite(not up)

Combat Mission(comming soon)Page

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MantaRay:

Well, if you want a fun game to play, Lucas Arts Force Commander is it. It is a little easy, but the graphics are top notch, and ofcourse it is Star Wars.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey I got that the afternoon it came out at EB. Pretty good game. I like the way the Rebels use camoflage depending on what terrain you're playing on. On the other hand, I find the game to be rather difficult. The skirmish missions are very hard to me. The damn air units seem to give me headaches. The AI is pretty good too, especially in its defense tactics by placing turrets and artillery units near the supply bunkers.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>And OBG, thanks for the heads up about Armada. I was about to buy it even though I am not a big Trek fan.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey no problem. I was gonna buy it too, but after seeing the Promo#2 movie containing gameplay footage, I thought it looked kinda silly--just another clickfest, if you know what I mean. wink.gif The game itself is apparently having major compatiblity problems with certain graphic chipsets, like nVidia's TNT and GeForce, they claim, but it seems to me the Voodoo owners are having problems too. Check out this Armada Forum page. http://www.st-armada.com/forum/Forum6/HTML/000805.html

As far as Trek games go, I'm stickin' with Interplay's Klingon Academy. It's a simulator, but it's unlike any space simulator to date. It uses a technique known as ginsueing, YES, like the knives, on how the ships blow to pieces.

------------------

"Cry Woe...Destruction...Ruin and Decay. The worst is Death...and Death will have His day."--Gen. Chang

[This message has been edited by Ol' Blood & Guts (edited 03-24-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by All American:

Is there something wrong with being in high school?

All American

[This message has been edited by All American (edited 03-23-2000).]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

YES!!! You can play for the crap ass J-V team and loose big time and everybody has low f@#$@ing morale. sorry for posting this worthless pile of crap. I'm pretty damn pissed right now. As for the release date you can hold off on it. I don't have much free time these day's.

Peace out

smile.gif

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

OK, gettin' a little off topic here. The comment about high school was a loose comparison. I really didn't mean much by it, but what I meant was that teenagers tend to get stuck in a mindset and not see the light that more experienced adults try to tell them.

Basically what I was saying is that the bastard fools are kinda in denial that they spent $45 or more for a ****ty game. Hell, I'm still pissed about spending $30 on the Hidden & Dangerous add-on that apparently takes a 1.5 GHz machine to run on!