Newbie 88 flak question

I've been playing the demo a few days.I tried Riesberg tonight.After setting up the 88s with a view of the road I waited for the tanks to come into sight.But when I tried to target them the gun was facing the OPPOSITE

direction and by the time I rotated it the shot was no longer there....but when I double checked the saved setup, the gun was placed correctly!!What happened???

BTW,is the a group move command??

Even with the above the game looks great,I preordered yesterday smile.gif

Guest Big Time Software

Hi Lloyd,

I think I can picture what you are talking about. When did the gun start to face the wrong direction?

There is a group order/move command. It is limited to some extent, but it is great for general moves and/or deployment.

Thanks for the preorder!

Steve

Guest Big Time Software

Hmm... it might have smelled a target way off to one side, rotated, and then lost sight of it. Guns and tanks don't automatically rotate back to their last known human ordered position (that would be a bad thing most of the time), so it would stay point in the "wrong" direction.

We have tweaked certain behaviors since the Beta Demo, so some of the conditions that might have caused this won't likely happen to you again. However, you still have to pay attention and see if your guns/vehicles have changed their direction in case you want to correct it. You can also Hide units (better than in the Beta Demo) and issue Ambush points for individual guns. These help keep your guys from engaging random targets.

Steve

Hmm.Thats hard to figure under the circumstances.The gun was pointed at 11 oclock,setup in the light woods, right at the edge of the setup area, aiming toward the road into Riesberg....It ended up aimed @ 5 oclock,directly aiming at the friendly area behind the town.Unless it somehow targeted a friendly unit........

Guest Big Time Software

Dunno then. There is nothing in the code to target friendly units, and nobody has ever mentioned something like a gun turning around for no reason. You must have done something to get the gun to rotate, but simply didn't know you were doing it at the time. With the thousands of times people have played just this one scenario with the same build, if there was something wrong it would have been noticed by now. And trust me, we would have heard about it too wink.gif

Steve