New Questions olde equipment

minmax

Simple questions about equipment that I used in the 80s (My God has it been that long ago)

1. The new AAVP when does it officially hit the fleet? Is it Javellin I or II capable?

2. The stabilized 25mm chain gun on the LAV can it fire while the vehicle is fording or swimming? Old debate when the LAV 25 Piranha came out. It did not fire afloat b/c engineers were sure it would cause the vehicle to roll over. Supposedly a set of stabilators were added to the jets to keep it on an even keel if it fired in the water. Just wanted to know.

3. Are A-10s being used as FAS FAC A (Airborne) by the Marine Corps / Army? The common rumor was when Air Force got rid of them (big mistake) the Corps and Army were going to use them to replace the old Mohawk, Bronco, and F/A-18 D.

4. Are the Navy and Marine Corps still using F-16Ns as aggressors?

Thank you any and all who are in the know on such items. I am planning some CAXs with students and wanted to know if I could make appropriate changes to orders of battle.