FiST in LAV-C2

Philip J Jobson

The FIST team would have to dismount. Changing that behavior is on the wish list. I may try to include it in the upcoming "Hurrah for the UK" patch. smile.gif

I noticed your UK address. You might check in here daily for a while. I am trying to wind up work on a free v4 patch which will add a good number of UK items to TacOps.

[ June 25, 2004, 11:07 AM: Message edited by: MajorH ]

Thanks for the information, I will continue monitoring the site for the patch, I am currently fighting psuedo British forces, using M1 tanks for challenger etc. with british doctrine. Seems to work quite well, but will be better with the correct stats etc.

Again many thanks for the reply, TacOps is one of the best simulations I have used.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to add my un-solicited two cents into this. Realize that according to Marine TO and TOE the Fist team is usually riding with a FAC (G) Forward Air Controller (Ground) affectionately known as the FAG. While Light Armored Infantry is supposed to provide these guys with a C-2 LAV often they end up in Hummers due to radio needs.

In my time with LAI as a cavalry scout we often bumped FiST and FAC (G) to hummers or we dropped them off and moved further forward. We were humping the MuLes and our Sat Com gear and felt they only had a couple of HF radios and maybe one UHF for the FAG.

If you really want to muddy up the waters ask a LAAD guy where he rode even though before the ADA version of the LAV came out we had them riding shotgun on troop tractors (LAV with turret off and or towing a cattle wagon)

Most of the time Marine TO and TOE is like the unicorn, a mythical beast that only appears in the minds of dreamers and staff officers who write that stuff up.

In Desert Storm most of the time LAVs were crammed with tons of non-TOE equipment. No LAI grunt would be caught dead without an M-60 in the squad and no one seems to ever miss the extra AT-4 or line charge.

Maybe you could answer this question do the Royal Marines have the same reputation for being scroungers?

Thank you for tolerating my wild digression,