Cheap German AA vz Zero Allied AA

Guest Germanboy

I think my point (as someone who does not understand 100% how shaped charges work) is that they need armour to do damage. So even if you hit the motor compartment, it may not do any damage. This has nothing to do with probability to hit. The same goes for AP, looking into the engine compartment of my car, I could imagine a round going through there without causing too much damage. Unlikely but not impossible. equally, an AP round or shot could just go straight through the cabin without hitting anything - it would leave a hole, and it would leave the guys in there very nervous, but I think it does not take much of a stretch of imagination. But I agree, it is something that should be looked at. I would just [should be: not] be so quick to complain. D'uh.

------------------

Andreas

<a href="http://www.geocities.com/greg_mudry/sturm.html">Der Kessel</a >

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

[This message has been edited by Germanboy (edited 12-16-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Germanboy (edited 12-16-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Germanboy:

I think my point (as someone who does not understand 100% how shaped charges work) is that they need armour to do damage. So even if you hit the motor compartment, it may not do any damage. This has nothing to do with probability to hit. The same goes for AP, looking into the engine compartment of my car, I could imagine a round going through there without causing too much damage. Unlikely but not impossible. equally, an AP round or shot could just go straight through the cabin without hitting anything - it would leave a hole, and it would leave the guys in there very nervous, but I think it does not take much of a stretch of imagination. But I agree, it is something that should be looked at. I would just be so quick to complain.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A shaped charge makes uses his jet stream to penetrates hard armour. When explodes against soft targets, that jet really hurts...

Shaped charge was used many times against targets softs as cars for terrorists with great succes. Also was used against any enemy "soft" position in every war doing great damage...

The cars have an armour value around 5mm (?)...

Maybe if instead of "soft" vehicles, vehicles with that small armour(<5mm) are simulated (as Tanaka suggested in another thread), then this could make that AP and Shaped Charges behaves nore accurately against such targets.

Sorry, English is not my first language also.

Ariel

p.s.: the M16 is a must be!!!!