CM in the UK

Quite so, sir. Stiff upper lip, wot? My goodness, these colonial chapies are an excitable shower. Must be something they put in that 'coffee' stuff. Still, these nice BTS wallahs seem an inventive bunch...

BTW, WHAT THE $£%&*@) &%$£ HAPPENED TO ENGLAND AT EURO2000!!!!!!

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MikeO:

Quite so, sir. Stiff upper lip, wot? My goodness, these colonial chapies are an excitable shower. Must be something they put in that 'coffee' stuff. Still, these nice BTS wallahs seem an inventive bunch...

BTW, WHAT THE $£%&*@) &%$£ HAPPENED TO ENGLAND AT EURO2000!!!!!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm, I don't know where you get your coffee in the UK, but the stuff they sell at Tescos is not coffee, not to me. I doubt the US stuff can be worse. And England got what they deserved - as did Germany, who actually got even more than they deserved, 1 point out of 9.

------------------

Andreas

'Hmm, I don't know where you get your coffee in the UK...'

Don't drink the stuff meself - I fear it would make me as 'hyper' as some of our overseas brethren here wink.gif

'And England got what they deserved...'

Yes, but awfully polite of them to continually pass the ball to the opposition I thought. And so gentlemanly to allow the other team to mostly win the tackles too smile.gif

[This message has been edited by MikeO (edited 06-21-2000).]

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MikeO:

Yes, but awfully polite of them to continually pass the ball to the opposition I thought. And so gentlemanly to allow the other team to mostly win the tackles too smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm, you are being awfully generous assuming that they even attempted to pass it anywhere... It was a sorry sight to behold - and does anybody know why they field Phil Neville? I could do his job, except I am not English. But very bad at defending I am too!

------------------

Andreas

The Joke's on England...

Q: What's the difference between a packet of Sellotape and Phil Neville?

A: One's a glueless kit.

Q: Why aren't the England football team allowed to own a dog?

A: Because they can't hold on to a lead.

Q: What's the difference between the England team and a teabag?

A: The teabag stays in the cup longer.

(Sergeant Huang, eat your blessed heart out)

Seriously, we all know that the principle behind British sports selection is to pick 'jolly decent chaps' and not trouble ourselves with trendy 'foreign' ideas such as 'skill'. This would only lead to the sort of base vulgarity we associate with those Johnny foreigners who constantly talk about 'winning' all the time. Just look at that MacEnroe fellow. Total bounder.

However, I have heard that with the huntin' season approaching some people *have* declared open season on the small, defenseless, furry beast known as the 'neville'. Probably a 'Last Huzzah' before Tony Blair bans it...

[This message has been edited by MikeO (edited 06-22-2000).]

Yes indeed, our arses salute you Mr MantaRay! A big thank you for being there on Omaha for us. Unfortunately I was born 20 years later so I couldn't thank you at the time. Oh, and a big thank you for all those awfully nice Sherman tank thingies you sent us - they fitted our little old 17 pounders quite well smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Manx:

I think i can speak on behalf of my compatriots when i say that the British contingent on the CM board will remain calm, cool and collected whilst we wait for our packages to arrive. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, right. LOL

------------------

We are both men of action. Lies do not become us. — Westley