Is Combat Mission like a 3D TacOps?

Oriion

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Oriion:

Is thae gameplay similar? I love TacOps. Does that mean I'll love Combat Mission?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, they are somewhat similar except of course CM is WW2. If you like Tacops, thre is little doubt that you will like CM.

Henri

Welcome to CM Nathan! Who would of thought you were secretly a grog biggrin.gif

If you liked TacOps you'll like CM for sure. The final game is much better than the demo. Make sure you check out all the mods at CMHQ if you get it (and you should get it!)

Vanir the Former ComboWhore

------------------

No, there will be no sequels. Charles and Steve have given up wargame design in disgust and have gone off to Jamaica to invest their new-found wealth in the drug trade. -Michael emrys

[This message has been edited by Vanir (edited 09-25-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Henri:

Yes, they are somewhat similar except of course CM is WW2. If you like Tacops, thre is little doubt that you will like CM.

Henri<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

On the reverse side, if you like CM but don't like the level of realism (i.e. firing at real men and tanks, dead men laying on the battlefield, etc.) you really ought to check out TacOps. It's got almost all the level of realism without the graphics.

The Major

P.S. I'm not saying anything against CM; it's a great game; I just don't like shooting at what looks like real guys. frown.gif If that doesn't bother most of you, that's great!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Major Belles:

P.S. I'm not saying anything against CM; it's a great game; I just don't like shooting at what looks like real guys. frown.gif If that doesn't bother most of you, that's great!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then I guess it is safe to suppose that you don't play Rogue Spear online, where the individual sodiers are each controlled by an individual player... biggrin.gif

Lat Saturday my son came to the house and took over my conmputer for the afternoon and bgan to play Rogue Spear online; when I told my wife that the other people that her son was shooting on the screen were real people, she almost had a fit eek.gif

Henri

I see and hear you Major Belles, after playing CM I setup a demo charge in the front entrance to my home. The next person to ring the bell is going to get their bells rung.....just kidding. For me the violence part is just having a little fun on the net without anyone getting hurt....and thats all.

sniperscope

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>When CM arrived, all other land based war games became crap.

sniperscope<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, my understanding (I wasn't there ofcourse), was that in those days, the Normandy landings did provoke a rather unseemly dispute. Seems the Germans weren't quite agreeable to the invasion. smile.gif

Not sure things are any more violent now a days then anytime in the past. It's just we now have the ability to portray it without it actually having to happen. I think major league football began in the 30's. Boxing and wrestling in the mid to late 1800's, and I'm not certain when the Roman Colliseum was built? smile.gif

------------------

"Wer zuerst schiesst hat mehr von Leben"

Moto-(3./JG11 "Graf")

Bruno "Stachel" Weiss

[This message has been edited by Bruno Weiss (edited 09-25-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Bruno Weiss (edited 09-25-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bruno Weiss:

Not sure things are any more violent now a days then anytime in the past. It's just we now have the ability to portray it without it actually having to happen.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

True. Still, it isn't nessecary to portray it; it can get people used to the idea of violence and, once that happens, suddenly crime doesn't seem as bad. "I've done it on the internet, I've seen what it's like; it's not that bad." This holds true even for shooting people in a war instead of in a crime scene.

The Major