How will the "orders phases" work in TCP/IP games?

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Maybe there could be an option to do the set-up phase offline so players could do all this and save it beforehand<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's a great idea. This way I can pre agree to a date and time to play the game. I arrive ready to play. This makes it alot easier to save a period of time for an uninterupted CM game. Makes alot of sense cause recon of area could easily have been done the day/night before the battle.

Guest tom w

I'm Glad TCP/IP will be first on The List....

Yes that will make it fun and having just read all this thread I'm not sure who to credit with all these good Idea's but I like (as per Mike D I think) the Live TCP/IP to PBEM back to live TCP/IP option that might be hard to do (I don't know) but it would be HIGHLY desireable.

I prefer to play one whole scenario in an evening and ALSO I am not interested in playing against anyone who takes more than 30 minutes per turn. A longer period for set-up , (preferably the night before the battle) would seem fair. I agree that set-up, especially (SPOILER alert, do we stil do that?) for VoT

would take a longer time to set up a good defensive position.

I suggest (I learned this trick from watching women buy clothes, buy EVERYTHING you think, you like on credit card, and take them all home and return the ones you don't want, at a later date).....

So WHAT the hell am I saying!?

....well I suggest that the game should let the two players determine if they want option 1 or option 2. (radical new, "user defines their own options" approach!)

I would suggest the users should be able to define and set a different timer for set-up, (or mutally agree to not have one at all) and then the players could agree to option 1 or option 2 and enter in exactly down to the minute, how many minutes each timer will be.

My prefernce would be for option 2 :

This makes sense to me it should be combined like in REAL life...

"2. No special timer but it just chews up your turn timer. So if you are set up for 5 minute turns and you replay the movie 5 times, you won't have any time left to issue orders. "

I like it !

Oh its good to be back!!!!

did you miss Me ?? smile.gif

-tom w

P.S. but I could live with option 1 as well if the reply timer was set to 2-3 minutes

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>"Remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

G. S. Patton <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>