Beta Demo Oddity--Not Complaining--Just for information purposes.

(Slightly long pos.)

Well, I've been doing my part to help generate word of mouth sales. Been spreading the word around my workplace like crazy and informing my relatives as well.

In any event, a coworker and I have been engaging in battles on the beta demo using the chance encounter scenario. We both love the game and he is addicted, been trying to get him to commit to a pre-order.

Anyhow, after a search of the board for bug reports and finding nothing like what I have experienced, I give to you the following:

I am the Americans, around turn 14, and I am running the map. The battle is almost complete and I am making a flanking push towards the German objective in the woods. I am in great shape as all German armor has been knocked out and that I have 4 Shermans left. My opponent has been retreating to the "alamo" (German objective in the woods for 2 turns) to reinforce it for the endgame. Lastly, my platoon of riflemen reinforcements have just arrived at the start point of the American map.

Now the bug:

I issued my orders...I sent two shermans down the road in hunt past the church and will have them stop on the road by the German start point buildings, rotate and place area fire on the "alamo" from the German rear. I order the other two shermans to fast move down the road by the wheat field turn next to the 2 story farmhouse and rotate and provide cover just in case my opponent tries a flanking move on my left (American perspective). I order the recently arrived platoon riflemen to run to the American Wooded Victory Location just for starters. I also have a full platoon of riflemen hiding in ambush just short of the "alamo" facing the victory location. I hit the go button, the computer processes, and I send off my turn.

My opponent sends me back the email with a subject line "How in the Hell?" He writes, "I don't know how you did it but I want Star Trek ability for my troops also! Beam me up, Scotty!" (He's got a good sense of humor.)

Anyway, I load up the movie and to my complete astonishment, every unit that was given move orders of one sort or another, had warped before the movie to odd ball spots! My reinforcements were suddenly past the church. My tanks in hunt mode were already at the German start point of the scenario. One of my fast move tanks was ok and in the spot that it was supposed to be but the other fast move tank has vanished into thin air! Not anywhere on the map! Lastly, my ambush team at the "alamo" somehow reappeared and were lying in ambush, in open ground!, to the rear side of the "alamo."

Apparently, only my units were affected as his setup appeared normal.

The only thing that I can think of is that perhaps the pbem turn got corrupted in transit. I'm not a sophisticated computer person but that is the only way that I can rationalize it. We had a perfect, bug free game the first time we played it so I am discounting the learning curve on how to play pbem.

Just very peculiar. Sorry to post a long message. Anyone else have this type of bug in the beta demo?

------------------

73 de kb9sog

Support Amateur Radio

BJ Simpson

Guest Big Time Software

Welcome, thanks for the support, and cool bug smile.gif Well, for you anyways!

There was a small, random bug that could do this. It doesn't crop up that much in the demo, and usually isn't as dramatic as what you had, but it has reared its ugly head every now and then. You probably didn't find a record of it because the behavior is slightly different each time it crops up.

Needless to say this has been fixed smile.gif

Steve