some questions (maybe dumb)

here are a few questions after playing the demo extensively for the past week (waiting for a copy)

1. what's with the nuclear-type blast when a building is reduced to rubble? Do units within that blast take damage or just the ones in the building itself? Did buildings actually explode like that or just crumble after repeated shell hits?

2. Can prisoners escape if they are not guarded? I've seen a few threads regarding prisoners being left under guard by tank crews or whoever was around. The first time I played I didn't expect to be able to take prisoners. I marched them to the rear (unguarded) and left them there. Was that a mistake. They were all there when the game ended. Are captives better for your score than corpses?

(really dumb question) what is hull down?

I'm sure all these questions are answered in the manual, but it's a slow day at work, so I thought I'd write the forum instead.

Guest Mirage2k

1. I have no idea. But it looks cool! smile.gif

2. Prisoners will escape if they feel they have a good chance of succeeding, usually if there is a friendly unit nearby and no enemies in sight. So in general, it's a good idea to keep a half-squad or crew nearby to guard them. When they do escape, however, they are unarmed, and useless in combat (unless you're one sick, sadistic freak).

3. Hull down is when your tank is situated such that it's hull is hidden, and only the turret is showing. This is good, obviously, because it lessens the chance that your tank will get hit by enemy rounds.

-Andrew