Map size

tigercrash

I've had TacOps 4 for several days, and enjoying it, except for one or two questions about the maps. Is it not possible to enlarge the maps on the screen? Several scenarios have maps that are only 2"x3" on my screen, with tiny units...difficult to see and painful on the eyes. I've tried searching in the guide but I can't find any info on "zooming in" on the maps, or enlarging them on my screen.

Also, are any of the maps 'topo' maps, like the picture in Battlefront's site? Haven't found any yet.

Thanks!

tigercrash

>Is it not possible to enlarge the maps on the screen?

Not from within TacOps. However, you can use Windows or Macintosh OS features to change your monitor resolution before running TacOps. TacOps will then accept whatever setting you selected via your OS.

Windows - use the display control panel or the desktop right click properties settings feature.

Macintosh - use the Monitors control panel.

>Also, are any of the maps 'topo' maps, like the picture in Battlefront's

>site? Haven't found any yet.

Windows: Use the Windows Start menu to select "Guide - Maps" in the Start menu item list for TacOps. Or navigate to the TacOps folder and double click on the file named "Guide - Maps.pdf".

Macintosh: Navigate to the TacOps folder and double click on the file named "Guide - Maps.pdf".

That file has a miniature image - usually page size - of each TacOps map. For example - Map230 through Map245.

The maps that use scans of topo maps as background art are in the folder "TacOps/TacOps Extras/More Maps". At present there are no solitaire/AI scenarios that use those maps. They were done for human vs human play using one of the following custom scenario templates.

Custom Scenario CA CMBG

Custom Scenario US Army

Custom Scenario USMC

Originally posted by tigercrash:

... I can't find any info on "zooming in" on the maps, or enlarging them on my screen.

If you are running any version of windows other than NT, look in Programs > Accessories > "Accessibility" for Maginfier or just do a search on your system for 'magnify.exe'.

Enjoy the game.