Allow me a minute please to make a few brief comments! Madmatt...

Guest Madmatt

Oh sure, I leave for a day or so and Mr. Cross Dresser eek.gif abandons the (un?)Holy Church of New Scenarios and is now teasing us in ways never before imagined. Now is the time for an inquisition! We must band together to defend ourselves from more teasing and torment and burn someone (Madmatt??) at the stake. Or we could just sacrifice (or something smile.gif) a virgin.

Craig (living in a winter wonderland - not)

ps. I think the only reason Madmatt was made a tester is because his case of barrel droop tongue.gif may be uncurable, and BTS took pity on him.

Guest Madmatt

Oh, I am still the Monarch of the Church Of New Scenarios, it's just that the membership has become a lot more exclusive now wink.gif

Actually, how could I, in good conscience, allow you my faithfull followers to dirty their hands and souls with IMPURE SCENARIOS!?!

I am testing my own steadfast resolution so my flock can be cleansed!

I will scour the non-believers of their Evil Operations and Insidious Scenarios.

I will allow myself to be chastasied and condemened by the unwashed masses because they do not understand the Truth.

I will not rest until I have explored all the bowels and dark places of Combat Mission so that you, my children, will be safe.

I will take the sin, the Scenarios, the oppression, the Operations, the atrocities, the AI, all this I do for YOU.

Alone I must walk, so together we will one day be united...

I alone, with only my holy conviction as my ally must face the 'Wild One, William Wilder' and his denizens of filth. He will tempt and cajole and try to break me with his vicious creations of evil, his cruel concoctions of code and deceptive devices of data. He laughs from his pit and offers yet another journey into the twisted realm he calls 'scenario design'.

Nay, for not a minute longer will I allow such evil to exist unpunished! Hear me 'Wild One' the day of reckoning is at hand!

Gather and be safe my flock, for I am your Avenger, I am the Redeemer, I am the Chosen One and when that great day comes at last and the Almighty ones 'Steve and Charles' open the gates to paradise, we shall all together, with one voice and one spirit, ascend to eternal peace and tranquility.

My sacrifices now will ensure this great reward then...This I know....

Go in peace...

His Holiness Madmatt (A.R.C.O.) wink.gif

Wow, and the Nuns always said I wasn't paying attention... tongue.gif

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 01-12-2000).]

Guest Zigster

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rune:

Crapgame,

So you know, the use of Alpha is incorrect. There actually is an alpha tester, which is generally defined as someone who gets the chance to test before the game even goes to beta. Having tested several games in alpha, I know what I am talking about.

Hmm...anyone have another suggestion? [Not giving mine, since I am a beta tester]

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, since we're the last to ever see it, I guess that makes us Omegas.

I hate being an Omega. Omegas suck :-(

Is it ready yet? ;)

(Sinister evil Laugh)....

Welcome to the darkside, holy defender of the scenario faith, Madmatt.

Its been my pleasure through the years to take unsuspecting gamers down the long darkened twisting hallways of unexpected enemy reinforcements, tight time-tables, and super-human units that defy destruction.

I've lent a keen ear to the despairing wails of those who found a scenario that robbed them of their gaming dignity and left them a shambles of their fine hard-core intense gaming selves (another sinister laugh).

Combat Mission will be no exception. Whether faced by hordes of German tanks near the banks of the Rhine, or crossing in poor defenseless assault boats the mighty Waal River at Nijmegen, seeing those forces crumble will bring me untold glee.

Having led the testing of the battles and operations for the game, Combat Mission, as well as make my own sinister contributions to the list, has been my moment of pure manaical delight.

I've discovered that the battle and operation designers involved in this project have shared my diabolical joy in preparing battles that will challenge the stoutest heart, the healthiest mind, the most determined will.

We have prepared a Borgia type list of battles that will undoubtedly separate the men from the boys. And it has been our evil pleasure to do so.

So bring on your hordes of assaulting gamers. You'll find that the ranks will quickly thin as you make your futile attacks. Your casualties will be high. Are you prepared to pay the price?

The Evil Wild One

------------------

Wild Bill

Wild Bill's Raiders

Director of Scenario Design,

The Gamers Net

billw@thegamers.net

http://wbr.thegamers.net