Pillbox Vision Slits are apparently giant gaping holes that attract wayward rounds!!

Yeah I think Pbs are pretty much ok, and about the machine guns being harder to kill this is also generally true as well even with the Wooden ONES! I had a wooden Mg bunker withstand about 5-10 shots before it just crumbled, but until that time it was fully functional and didn't lose a single man! So an 88 pilbox being killed first shot from 500m isn't all that hard to see happening... Cuz as everyone has been saying over and over... A pillbox is not meant to be a stand alone position... You need mines men tanks and other cool stuff to keep it alive... just like you need to keep your infantry close to suport a tank... A tank is a mean mother to infantry at range... but when just about any infantry unit gets close enough, a tank is no longer an asset but a liabilitY! Try setting up kill zones for your pillbox, Ie spots that it will get hung up, or be killed first in... or don't try to use the pillbox as anything other than a decoy! yep thats right a DECOY! Just have a decent antitank team handy, or a good unit with antitank weapons handy hiding near the spot where the enemy tank will first spot the pill box... chances are the tank will even ignore the men and go for the seemingly more deadly threat... Exposing themselves to a close assault with grenades, or rifle grenade panzerfaust/schrek... Works for me often enough, hard part is knowing where to put the team is all!

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, but notice in real life the US report mentions using a platoon of M10's, not a couple of Stuarts. My brief experience with pillboxes suggests that in CM Stuarts may be the weapon of choice vs. pillboxes, knocking them out quickly from 450m thanks to good accuracy and high rate of fire. Seems to me if it only took a couple of scout vehicles to KO a pillbox, they wouldn't be worth building in the first place.

Seems to me like it could use some tweaking in the direction of either making slit hits less easy to achieve, or making them less likely to KO a pillbox.

PvK