Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Will you go back?

Agreed. For operational and grand strategic level stuff, gotta stick with hexes and IGO-UGO philosophy. But gibsonm brings up a good point:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>However, CM doesn't cover some of the time periods that I like <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hehe... my thinking precisely. For the record, my two copper pieces:

CM2 = Pacific/Asian WWII Theater

CM3 = Fulda Gap, c.1985 (Pweddy-PwEEEZ?!)

Oh, and I've just gotta get this plug in...

CM4 = Warhammer 40K! (Sorry-- it's a weakness) biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by iggi:

The problem with all those hexgames that looked really cool was all those rules.The host of errata and the various interpretations.They were good for thier time.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Turns out that later in life it was useful to have played games like SL with so many rules, but most of them were pretty simple. Longest Day only had a few pages. With SL you could pick which rules you were using, and many of the rules only applied to limited circumstances (Ghurkas, etc) and you could read them again just before the scenario.

That said, now I'd rather let the computer worry about the details of the rules.

Although CM is a huge leap ahead, and taking up most my time as of late, for me it won't replace ASL. Also, as others already mentioned, it won't fill that operation/strategic level need that I sometimes have. Did anyone mention World in Flames - talk about a monster! Oh, and CM also can't take the place of playing ftf Pokemon with my son. Variety is the spice of my (gaming) life.

Guest goonch

I can't seem to play anything else without thinking "just one more turn".

The other games I have are Falcon 4, Janes F/A-18, Deus Ex, Nascar 3, etc, etc. They just don't matter anymore.

------------------

leave the gun, take the canolies.