Bunker assault tactics

The most trouble I am having with the missions are assaulting bunkers, and especially pillboxes. I can kill the bunkers with my tanks, but anti-tank pillboxes, in my opinion, are too tough to expose my tanks to for a long time. I mostly want to learn about infantry assaults, but I am willing to learn anything. smile.gif

Bunkers are suckers for smoke, since they can't move out of it. Tank smoke is OK, but 81mm observers are better. Smoke the bunker so it can't see, use your tanks to kill the MG bunkers & pillboxes (your infantry will thank you), then manuever around the back of the AT bunker. For tanks, it usually only takes a couple shots to hit the back door. For infantry, it goes quicker if you have some demo charges, but they will eventually crack it open, too.

------------------

"Late evening turned to early morning as you sat with fists tightly gripped and thumb poised, anxiously awaiting the next cartridge of goodness. The hardcore gamer was born from nights such as these. Show your 'Roots.'" - The description of the Atari 2600 shirt on game-skins.com

A good way to take out a bunk is to smoke it up like Supertanker said and shoot the heck out of it with your armor. Whenever I take out bunks I just fire at them from the front and more than likely a shot or two and the shells find their way into the tiny gap and take out either the crew or the gun or both. I didnt even know that you could bust down the door and take it out that way! Ill have to try that.

-MoJo

mustangcoolground.gif

------------------

"For every soldier that died at Dieppe, ten were saved on D-Day"

--Lord Louis Mountbatten

Guest MantaRay

Also, flamethrowers make quick work of it too, if you can get them there. Smoke and terrain masking help.

Ray

------------------

When asked, "How many moves do you see ahead?", CAPABLANCA replied: "One move - the best one."

New CM Site. In process of switching. Brought to you by Hardcore Gamers Daily

The Red Army of the Rugged Defense Group Ladder