Breaching minefields?

pmaidhof

When an M1A1D with mine plow attatchment approaches a known, surface laid minefield why does it not attempt a breach but look for a bypass? I have approached the minefield to be in an adjacent position to it and when I click on the "Breach Obstacle" button and then click the cross hairs onto the minefield, I recieve the error sound.

I am running TacOps v4.0.5AK

Any help is appreciated,

Pete

Originally posted by pmaidhof:

When an M1A1D with mine plow attatchment approaches a known, surface laid minefield why does it not attempt a breach but look for a bypass? ...

Check the SOP for that unit. You must check one of the two Minefield crossing items or it will try to go around any known minefield.

Enjoy

Coyote

breaching an obstical

Breaching is necessary only for obsticals such as; ditch, ditch + wire, barricade, barricade + wire, or wire only. (to utilize this you have to open the unit orders window, click on the "breach obstacle" button and then click on the obstacle marker.)

breaching a minefield

Under your SOP (standard Operating Procedures) window you'll have an option to "Cross Minefields at Normal Speed" or "Cross Minefields at Breeching Speed". If you cross at normal speed expect casualties, if you cross at breeching speed your units will move slowly and carefully.

gl, dej2

[ November 29, 2003, 06:42 PM: Message edited by: dej2 ]