Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Please read Germanboy's post re SPOILER alerts

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MantaRay:

Then dont go to anyother CM website, cause I am sure when i get it I am going to detail every single scenario within a week or so.

Ray

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And while that is certainly one way to treat people who are interested in CM and would have visited your pages, maybe having a spoiler area in them would be the better way forward? After all, that does not just affect people outside the US but everybody who wants to do double-blind. Just a thought, that I think should come as obvious to any web-designer working on a CM site who is worth his salt.

------------------

Andreas

The powers of accurate perception are often called cynicism by those who do not possess them. (forgot who said it)

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fenris:

Like I said please read it and take note.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You damn well better do... And to make it easier, I hav brought up the original thread too.

Please note that all smilies on this iMac have been sent to a penal colony, where they have good neighbours....

------------------

Andreas

The powers of accurate perception are often called cynicism by those who do not possess them. (forgot who said it)

Why not draft a standard notice here and now, with a suitably grabby headline, that we can easily send back to the top?

Like:

"WARGAMERS PLEASE READ!!!

"PLEASE do NOT post any specific scenario information to this board without clearly labeling BOTH the message header AND the beginning of your text as SPOILER INFORMATION!

"A 'spoiler' is anything which gives away information about a scenario that no honorable wargamer would want to know in advance.

"Many of us are playing "blind" Combat Mission scenarios for the first time, and do not wish to accidentally get any foreknowledge of enemy forces.

"We welcome your questions and comments, but if you wish to talk about specific scenarios, PLEASE put "SPOILER" somewhere in the message header (its title), and put "SPOILER" followed by several lines of empty text in the first line of the actual message. Use the X and Enter keys to create extra lines. For example:

"SPOILER INFORMATION FOLLOWS:

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

'While assaulting the beach in blahblahblah (text body), etc.'

"Combat Mission has created a very dedicated and honorable online community and this board is its focus. We welcome you to our lives and our game and APPRECIATE YOUR COOPERATION."

Something along those lines, edits or suggestions welcome. Once it's created, any of us could send it back to the top with a keystroke.

[This message has been edited by Mark IV (edited 06-14-2000).]