CM2 In-Game MOD Selections...Is It Possible????

After downloading some of Marco Bergman's excellent m4 MODs with thier nation specific markings, I started to wonder if BTS could figure out a way you could do the same thing in-game instead of hopping in and out of the engine.something like a mini-program that could select from a list of alternate textures from folders in the main BMP folder.

For example, somewhere on the Allied-Axis choose screen underneath that had a drop-down menu where you could select alternate markings for tanks and infantry and they would be loaded up for that scenario.you could choose GrossDeutschland or LAH markings for your AFV's depending on the scenario.

I thought this would be great for CM2 since i doubt BTS wants to model different squads for all the minor axis allies and changing camo schemes for germany throughout 41-45....that and all the moddies could whip out thier copy of Panzer Colors and put out markings for all elite units for any year or period(kursk markings and so forth)

But I have precious little info on programming and how hard this would be to actually pull off.But what the hell, I figured I could throw the idea out there(if it hasn't already...i honestly can't believe i am THAT original).

Oh, and if seems like adding more headaches for BTS concerning CM2.....blame Marco(hehehehe)

P.S. maybe it could even be in a future patch(crossed fingers and unending wishful thinking)????

------------------

"From the Mountains of the Moon, Down the Valley of the Shadow, Ride Boldly Ride", the Shade replied, "If you seek for El Dorado."

Not possible in the game itself as it currently stands. But what is possible is to use the [ESC] key to drop out to Windows and create a set of batch files to load the right textures. I explained my idea in detail in a previous thread.

WWB

------------------

Ave, Caesar! Morituri te salatamus.

...but with Windows ME, you don't get a DOS box, so how can you do batch files? Unless I'm missing something (entirely possible), with ME and all subsequent OS from Microsoft for the PC, DOS is pretty much a non-starter. What we need is a Windows batch language of some sort. Java, anyone? <g>

Don't fret.

I'm under Windows Me and Dx8.

The batch files from Marco Bergman work like a breeze really.

You click on them and you're done.

The only thing lacking in them is the ability to launch the game after applying the MODs so that it would be a OneClick process.

------------------

And NO Bauhaus I didn't say SELF EXPLORATORY.