Little help with scenerio editing

Hello all,

I have done a few searches on the search engine and just looked through the maunal and can't find an answer to this, if it is anywhere and I have just missed it can you point me in the correct direction?

I am creating a small scenerio, German attack on an Allied defence. The map is almost finished (just tweaking terrain) and I have begun to experiment with troop placement. My difficulty is that no matter what changes I have made to the placement zones the Germans appear on the Eastern edge in a line and the Americans on the Western edge in a line.

I imagine that I am just missing something very simple, but a quick poke in the right direction would be very helpful as I am pulling my hair out over this. Probably a case of not seeing the wood for the trees?

Thanks in advance.

In map editor click preview, then click on each unit and manually place it in the location or zone you want. The set-up phase would then begin with those placements which, of course, can be adjusted by the player.

I had same problem, and Wild Bill set me straight.

That drove me crazy too Gashford, turns out it's mentioned in one sentence on pg. 118 of the manual, but the wording is a bit vague, IMO. Not knocking the great manual, BTW, it's one of the best I've seen. It's just very difficult to get everything right in something that size.

Joe