Anyone playing on a laptop?

i am really enjoying this game. however i have to hit the road for a while and want to know if the game will / is running on anyone's laptop?

it does not work very acceptably on my wife's sony vaio i think primarily due to wimpy vram.

i am buying a new laptop and am considering the high end IBM A20 because it has 16MB vram on an ATI Rage 128, which seems to be the best video on any laptop.

Can anyone let me know if they have had any luck getting CM to work on a laptop of *any* configuration?

Thanks.

I used to run the demo on ThinkPad 380Z (P2-300); ran great. FWIW I think IBM gives the most laptop for the money. Toshiba's great, but $$$.

I hate my 466MHz Dell Latitude; we bought about 8 of them and most have had problems. It has NT so no CM (can't blame the latter on Dell, of course).

thanks very much for the info.. heh i didnt even notice the tech forum. read the thread there.

i tested teh game on an A20P Thinkpad in the store and it appeared to run fine, althoug i only played for 5 minutes.

sold smile.gif

i am now the proud owner of an A20P. In effect i spent an extra $2000 CDN to play combat mission.

don't mention that to the wife - i'll end up like mussolini.

thanks again for the help.