Wild Bill: i have a bridge trauma!

First off i'd like to say i love your work Bill! But you know what's to come when people give you complements at the start right? Right....complaints.

I'm in the middle of the Arnhem bridge operation and found that it is not really cooperating with me.

First time i played it, it was with the Brits...all went well...and that's the weird thing. I won the operation with 25 KIA's. I'm sure it should be possible to hold that dang bridge, but this was a walk in the park!

Then i thought: "oh well..let's try the Jerries". Well....maybe i'm a super-soldier, but i charged the bridge, secured it's entrance and in the following battle kicked the Brits back towards the edge of the map.

Imagine the feeling (and xxx rated words flying around the room) when i discovered that in the following battle i had to charge the bridge again...and again....and again.

I was there...the thing was not only secure, but so was a large portion of Arnhem itself.

What is going on here?

Then i have a question about the German forces in Arnhem...i always thought the Germans had heavier equipment (like Panthers) available there. But then, i'm not an expert smile.gif.

So now i hear you thinking:" hey! you told me you liked my work!!". Well i still do, i just got frustrated and thought i'd ask you what's up with this....thanks in advance smile.gif

Ubermac, lord of the bridge.

------------------

And remember kids....dressing up like Hitler in school, is NOT cool!

Guest Mr. Johnson-<THC>-

Yeah, I noticed same thing, and I could not put flags on an operation either. The AI

does a pretty good job of going after those. Maybe since Brits are defending on a

DESTROY mission and their setup is so small, we should either make their setup

bigger, and change the timeframe a little or make this a long battle with

renforcments. That way we could add some flags, and the germans can try and close

the ring of steel tighter. No offense to Wild Bill, we are all still learning how to

improve our maps right? Someone is working on a diffrent Arnhem op right? If so

whats the status? Look forward to it.

[This message has been edited by Mr. Johnson-<THC>- (edited 08-18-2000).]