MDMP1 Questions & I LOVE MG-42's!!!

First, I downloaded the MDMP-1 and have a couple of questions:

1) Does the Mod pack change the explosion graphics? I don't seem to have the new explosions (1.2 version) anymore.

2) If I turn off the smoke, does this also turn off the new explosions (the black smoke?)

3) I downloaded the mod-pack with the lo-res grass and I definitely still notice the lack of height changes on the battlefield. Which graphics pack should I download to get the best?

4) I played a snow scenario last night and the SS didn't have winter uniforms...will this be added?

And finally, I love MG-42's. I was defending against an American battalion last night in heavy fog and managed to hold the line (in a courtyard no less) with three MG-42's. Every time the Americans tried to rush me, the combined fire of these three units would stop them cold. I love the fog.

Guest Madmatt

Answers:

1). No, try Shift I to toggle hi-quality fire and smoke (which also toggles the explosions)

2). Yes

3). Replace the Grass with the grass textures that came with the game. They really are the best to show elevation changes. There are 20 files but I dont have the texture numbers off the top of my head but they are in numerical sequence.

4). Winter Uniforms for infantry are NOT in MDMP-1, they will be in MDMDP-2 though.

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 07-07-2000).]

Guest Rollstoy

Ad 3)

WHAT! After applying the patch one should restore the original graphics?!

This is not a good advertisement!!!!!

Is this really what you meant?! I thought you guys would *improve* the textures?

Totally puzzled,

Thomm

Guest KwazyDog

No worries there Thomm, we will give you a full refund on them. In fact, Ill refund double what you paid for them! wink.gif

The grass is a personal thing. If you find it hard to see the elevations, use the origionals. If you prefer a less noticable gradient, use the new ones.

Tis up to you.....

A lot of this stuff are experiments and playing around to see what we can do in the future with cm2 etc thomm, no promises. Take'em or leave'em.

[This message has been edited by KwazyDog (edited 07-07-2000).]

Anyone have the .bmp file names for the original grass?

And BTW, I love the new graphics and sounds. I played a few hours last night and fell in love (not that I didn't like it before, but the MDMP takes CM to a whole new level).

I can't wait for the second one!!!

[This message has been edited by paullus (edited 07-07-2000).]

Guest Madmatt

Some people have an easier time discerning elevation gradients than others with the new Hi-res grass.

The original question was about which grass textures seem to display elevations the most. Well, I think a truthful answer is what I gave and to be honest if you have a problem seeing the elevations the default grass is probably the best for you to have. That's why there are 3 versions of MDMP graphics sets made available. I have one with new Hi-Res graphics, one with new re-colored grass (same size as the originals) and one version without any grass textures.

As to bad advertisment for MDMP, well we aren't being paid for this effort and I won't lose any sleep if some people decide against installing them. To me, I think they improve the game but feel free to mix and match textures and sounds and in fact we are currently in devolopment of a new tool that will let you swap textures/sounds in and out and we hope to have an early version of this Manager Tool in MDMP-2.

Madmatt...

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

MADMATT:

I don't know what the problem is, I have installed all of the new graphics and sounds and don't have any problem with elevation, I think the mods are fantastic,keep up the good work it is much appreciated!!!!!!! could be a video card problem, I have 32mb geforce and have no problems at all.