Hell and shell shock!!!

I created a senario called PBT(Pure Bombardment Test), which I set up a town with a German panzer battalion as the defender. I chosed 20 bomber-fighter and 30 arty spotters from 105mm to 8 inch for Allied side. The scenario was 25 turns, but after 10 turns, German's moral was below 15% and surrendered. Well, actually there weren't much left to surrender anyway. The town was almost flated, and most of the German solders were killed. You know what, the scene was so real, I actually got shell shock myself, cos I was most of time watching from the German sidein see how merciless the bombardment was! I heard the sound of 8" shell flying and landing, and saw the houses being blown into pieces, solders were crying and dying, tanks and vehicles were burning! What the hell!!! Now I think I understand better why solders lost their mind when under the arty or air raid, cos you couldn't help it!! If you don't know what I am saying, do try it youself!

I also tried 300mm rickets on Allied side, they killed all Allied solders within 20 mints!! Oh God!! Just a pure hell!!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bighead:

I also tried 300mm rickets on Allied side, they killed all Allied solders within 20 mints!! Oh God!! Just a pure hell!!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

All those poor little bow-legged soldiers running around shouting, "Medic, I need Vitamin D!" The horror, the horror.

And I can just hear the German soldiers:

"Fritz, you schmell that??"

{schniff, schniff} "Wintergreen! Yankee Paratroopers! Hans, open fire!"

------------------

Ethan

-----------

Das also war des Pudels Kern! -- Goethe

[This message has been edited by Hakko Ichiu (edited 07-17-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jgdpzr:

That's nothing. You've not seen hell 'til you've faced the infamous Russian scurvy brigade!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Personally, I'm hanging on for "CM3 -- The Mediterranean" and the dreaded Italian Carabinieri del' Pellagra. Unfortunately, with no Pacific CM in the pipeline we shall have to do without the Australian Beriberi Battalions.

------------------

Ethan

-----------

Hakko,

That is hands down the funniest thing I've seen posted on this forum yet. I about split my side reading that line. I'm not big on heckling someone for bad spelling, but that reply was the tops.

I've got to go, I need to get my side stitched back up.

Dan W.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DanW:

Hakko,

That is hands down the funniest thing I've seen posted on this forum yet. I about split my side reading that line. I'm not big on heckling someone for bad spelling, but that reply was the tops.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks, Dan. FWIW, I don't usually jump on people (especially non-native speakers) for typos, but the serendipity of bighead's last line was just too big a target of opportunity.

------------------

Ethan

-----------

"Unfortunately, with no Pacific CM in the pipeline we shall have to do without the Australian Beriberi Battalions."

Ah yes, the ABB. Remember them well. Weren't they stationed at Bora Bora when they were overrun by the notorius Imperial Impetigo division?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jgdpzr:

Ah yes, the ABB. Remember them well. Weren't they stationed at Bora Bora when they were overrun by the notorius Imperial Impetigo division?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, that was the Dutch Airborne Dropsy Division. They were supposed to be reinforced by the Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Detail, but the latter got distracted and never showed up.

And I bet you were just itching to mention the IID, weren't you. A rash decision if you ask me.

------------------

Ethan

-----------

...er, well, um..yes, I'm guilty.

It's just that the IID was one of my favorite malady units of the war.

I knew fully well that their claim to fame was their epic engagement with the Queen's Royal Light Lepers. Just couldn't find the segue. Sorry, I'll keep my malady related comments to historical OOB and TO&E from here on out.

Nonsense, none of your panty waisted, prissy units can match the one that George Laity and I came up with in one of our games ... I give you ... THE 407TH WOMEN AND CHILDRENS BRIGADE. Composed entirely of women with PMS and children with A.D.D.

Joe

Jgdpzr, I posed that very question to the commander of the Brigade, Mrs. Gladys Burbank, the following is her reply:

Gossip? What the HELL do you mean GOSSIP? Do you think I've got NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY TIME THAN GOSSIP? WELL LET ME TELL YOU BUSTER, YOU TRY SLAVING AWAY OVER A HOT STOVE FOR ...

An&wa& , &@u get the drift. I can't give m@re details, @ne @f the damn kids t@@k s@me @f the ke&s fr@m m& ke&b@ard.

J@e

The events you speak of were memorialized in that famous work "The Road to Malady"

------------------

"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers"

-- King Henry VI, Part II, Act 4, sc.2, l.86

[This message has been edited by jdmorse (edited 07-17-2000).]