ARGH! Problems with PBEM.

This has happened enough times to be seriously annoying, and I have no idea what's causing it, so I thought I'd see if anyone here has any idea.

Fairly often, when I load a PBEM turn, immediately after I enter my password, my computer hangs. Usually I've been able to fix the problem by reinstalling CM, however, lately that's stopped working as well. CM runs beautifully normally, it's just when I'm loading PBEM turns that it gets funky.

Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions/voodoo cures?

Oh, incidentally, stupid me, I tried to do a search on *pet head, rub tummy* "PBEM" before posting this.

My ISP timed me out before the search completed.

------------------

Soy super bien, soy super super bien, soy bien bien super bien bien bien super super.

[This message has been edited by Chupacabra (edited 08-25-2000).]

Guest KwazyDog

Chupacabra, If its just with PBEM games Id suspect that their may be problems when you recieve the file. AOL I have heard may have some small problems in the way it handles emails but I dont know any more details unfortunately. Maybe it will give you a direction to start looking.

Also, are all of the files from the same person, maybe the problem is on their end?

I've had this problem, to greater or lesser degrees with all of my opponents.

It may well be AOL. Yet another reason to hate the silly thing. Luckily, I'll shortly be moving back to the land of university T1 lines...

Thanks for the response, Kwazy.

------------------

Soy super bien, soy super super bien, soy bien bien super bien bien bien super super.

[This message has been edited by Chupacabra (edited 08-25-2000).]

How recent are your graphics drivers? It could be when the 3D stuff hits (since you're only looking at 2D until after the password) it hangs up. I had some similar (but not the same) problems with my Mac that seem to have been graphics related.

Try looking over in the tech support forum too.