Excellent Work-------2 Questions

First many congratulations re advances in gold demo . The play enhancements like group orders and translucent buildings are very valuable and the overall graphics and sound enhancement are really impressive.

I have only played for a short time due to my steam driven downloading modem but I have 2 queries

1) Has there been any implementation of other units (eg H.Qs) being able to target for small mortars--cant see evidence of this yet.

2).My second question relates to the one single graphics gliche i am aware of on my display--P2 450 Voodoo3/3000 at 1024/768.

When smoke is displayed at the most detailed level I get a relatively angular display round the edges.Is this a result of still using DX6.1 together with a slightly older Voodoo3 driver. Would it be cured with DX 7 and the most recent V3 drivers.

But this single imperfection pales into insignificance beside all the rest of the magnificent display and gameplay,

Congratulations and thanks BTS

1. Yes. This is in. I have tested this several times by having HQs in the top floors of buildings spot for mortars hidden behind them wink.gif.

2. I think this is a known problem with the Voodoo. Seems their drivers are all f'ed up.. Hit "Shift-I" to toggle through the various ways to represent smoke. Pick the non-transparent one and u should be ok.

Good news re spotting for small mortars-----how does it actually operate in practice.How does the HQ designate a target for the mortar --or is it just that a mortar can in effect target anything in the los of its H.Q.

Thanks for any clarification

Guest TURBO

. As long as the mortar is in command it con target anything in los. To all concerned this is the BEST game ever. Thanks guy's.

Guest Big Time Software

Turbo is correct, with one special exception. The mortar *must* never be moved or its ability to be used indirectly is nullified. In our long discussions with artillery and mortar gunners, one thing was made very clear -> setting up for indirect fire is a time consuming process. So much so that it would generally be impractical for a unit to set up new indirect fire positions during the middle of a CM sized battle due to time and stress factors. So you move, you lose smile.gif

Steve

Re Mortars-----can I just clarify .

In order to fire indirectly mortars may not be moved after initial set-up.

They must also be within command distance of an H.Q.

My uncertainty is ---whos line of sight determines where the mortar can target. Is it just the H.Q to which they are attached.Surely in an attack mission the attached H.Q.(needing to remain near the mortar) would also be a long way from the front line and unable to provide much LOS info.

I am quite happy re the mortar not being moved but feel some targetting info should be available from the front line H.Qs

Can anyone clarify this any further

Thanks