Heroes Corner Info and A Request, Please read before you submit!!!

Guest Madmatt

Guest Madmatt

I have been getting a deluge of Heroes Corner submissions and while the Kill Tally's are quite high, I think there needs to be some clarification on WHAT I am going for here.

What I need first and foremost is a story. Sure you can rack up 200 kills in a MG bunker when the AI wave assaults you but that is not what I want. How did that lone Bazooka team take out the Panther to save the day? Explain to me the situation that lead you to order your last Panzergrendier squad out to engage the enemy knowing they would die to a man only to have a sole survivor come through it all and hold your flank.

Heroes are not men that racked up impressive Kill's (although those happened to), Heroes were just grunts doing their jobs in extraordinary ways facing extraordinary circumstances.

I want the Heroes Corner to be a storytelling area first and foremost. Much like the 'Things I Have Seen' Thread, but with more detailed accounts and back stories.

Go ahead and write a few pages on your favorite unit that saved the day and if I have to reformat the whole section to accommodate this I will! I want CMHQ's Heroes Corner to be a place where people come to see what other players have done and seen in Combat Mission. When we play we all command these little virtual soldiers to do our bidding and they deserve our appreciation and respect. The Heroes Corner was setup to just that.

Ok, now that being said, here is what I am lookinf for SPECIFICALLY!

First off, due to the dated graphics and current amount of inductees already establish I will NO LONGER be accepting submissions from Last Defense or Riesberg.

Chance Encounter is about all played out as well unless you have a really good story write-up to go along with it.

Valley of Trouble needs to be the centerpiece of this newly directed Heroes Corner, at least until the full version comes out!

SPOILER INFO!!! THIS WILL LIST SPECIFIC VOT GERMAN/ALLIED UNITS!!! STOP READING IF YOU DON’T WANT TO SPOIL YOUR BLIND GAME!

><><>

><><>

<><><>

<><><>

<><><><><

<><><><><><

I want to see some heroic Flamethrower teams! I know it’s hard to get them into play but when used wisely these units can make a huge difference.

Panther: You got this awesome work of German Armored engineering and yet NO ONE has seen it do anything Heroic???

150mm IG Gun: Another untapped resource. I have seen this bad boy halt an entire US Company from assaulting and I can't be the only one.

So that’s your assignment. Those three units above are merely suggestions and I will always look over whatever you send. But I would prefer you try and send in one of those above.

Don't forget, send TWO pictures. One with stats and the same view without!!!!

Feel free to write in character, 3rd person, 2 person, hell 1st person twice removed just WRITE IT UP, that’s the key, I want stories of bravery and courage under fire not just pretty screenshots with burned out hulks and dead bodies.

Thanks and together we can make the Heroes Corner something really wonderful!

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 05-22-2000).]

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

Ahh, but Matt?? You're making me feel bad. frown.gifwink.gif LOL! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Ol' Blood & Guts (edited 05-22-2000).]

Madmatt said:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Go ahead and write a few pages on your favorite unit that saved the day and if I have to reformat the whole section to accommodate this I will!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah, this makes be feel a lot better about that massive email I sent you at 0300 this morning smile.gif. However, I had seriously cut that post down so I'll send it again with all the details.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Don't forget, send TWO pictures. One with stats and the same view without!!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whoops, this is a new thing, or at least I missed it at 0300... Can't go back and get the shot without because that turn is long over. So I'll send you a top-down view of the map showing the incredibly long path Lengsfeld's squad followed on its epic journey through Hell

------------------

-Bullethead

jtweller@delphi.com

WW2 AFV Photos: people.delphi.com/jtweller/tanks/tanks.htm

Guest Madmatt

No problem about the double pictures. I ask this so I can crop out the Kill stats window and not have 1/2 the screen showing with this big black box.

I am thinking of completely re-doing the whole Heroes Corner section anyway and dedicate a whole page per inductee. The original idea as set down by Fionn and I was for people to actually VOTE on all the members and select the BEST Hero, sadly I have not had the time to put this together like that.

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 05-22-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I am thinking of completely re-doing the whole Heroes Corner section anyway and dedicate a whole page per inductee. The original idea as set down by Fionn and I was for people to actually VOTE on all the members and select the BEST Hero, sadly I have not had the time to put this together like that.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah, very nice plans wink.gif . I look forward to reading some stirring accounts. I'm with you, sheer bodycount isn't as important as killing doing the crucial thing at the time of ultimate crisis.

------------------

-Bullethead

jtweller@delphi.com

WW2 AFV Photos: people.delphi.com/jtweller/tanks/tanks.htm