Maximum System Requirements

Guest ferret

Guest ferret

What is the max requirement for CM. I read in a previous thread that CM would be unstable or unplayable on higher end CPU's.

I'm asking because I want to upgrade my system and still be able to do CM2.

Guest Zulu1

I believe there are no maximum requirements. This may have been a problem on some older DOS games but its not a problem any longer IIRC. The only downside of a faster chip/video card is a better framerate, better graphics and faster gameplay. If you send me your 1 GigHz chip, I will be glad to test it for you. smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Zulu1 (edited 08-07-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ferret:

What is the max requirement for CM. I read in a previous thread that CM would be unstable or unplayable on higher end CPU's.

I'm asking because I want to upgrade my system and still be able to do CM2.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's ridiculous, probably from some guy who can't afford to upgrade his 286 eek.gif

I play it at 1280x1078 on a PIII 667/256 mb with a TNT2/32 mb, and it is fine. It is even a bit jerky scrolling in large scenarios like "All or Nothing", so don't worry about having a computer that is too powerful.

Henri

Like everybody else said, that makes no sense. I've got a PIII 650 clocked to 806MHz (124FSB) with an Elsa eRazor X2 GeForce256 DDR. Very, very fast, and it plays very, very well... A friend of mine ran the demo on a 1GHz box he somebody ordered from his shop. Just had to try it before delivering it to the customer. Er, um... the "burn in" phase, yeah...