Movie rumors..........

Guest dirkd1976

Originally posted by Los:

A few sniper notes. A good rifle and scope and more importantly a experienced sniper can make shots out pretty far.

To me the mark of a great sniper is their ability to infiltrate.. I think the russian and german snipers in question took DAYS to get that perfect shot.. Reading tales of Gunny Hathcocks exploits in Vietnam are truly chilling.. crawling on your belly for miles day and night and lying in wait for hours on end to get exactly the right shot.. Amazing.. not to say that these folks arent also amazing shots..

OT : The police force here in town got about a dozen BRAND NEW MILITARY M14's. My buddy who is a tremendous shot in the NRA highpower shoots was watching them as they brought them on the line.. reading the military instruction manuals (AAAAGH!!) and were ready to start firing, when he mentioned. " you guys know you need to lubricacte them first right.. " Them.. Uh.. No? AAGH. they then proceeded to sight them in at 50yards with federal gold match ammo.. "just to get the feel of them" .. FEAR POLICE SNIPERS.. gives me the chills..