An observation (very minor bug)

Playing VoT as the Allies, sent some units down the left side of the map. Two bunkers appearing in their way (one concrete and one wooden) were soon taken out by the Sherman 105s.

I tried to move some squads into the knocked-out bunkers, but the destination point would keep saying "Open Ground". Now I realize my guys wouldn't be able to turn the bunker around to fire at the Krauts from it, but they could use it as protection from incoming fire. Are destroyed bunkers treated as rubble?

Also, I had a problem selecting the units once they were inside (on top of?) the bunker. Any click would revert to the "Bunker - knocked out" screen. I had to drag-select them and then give them keyboard commands to move out.

Guest Big Time Software

Actually you're not allowed to move into pillboxes, so that's why it said "open ground".

You can press SHIFT-V to (temporarily) toggle off the graphics for vehicles and pillboxes, which allows you to click on any units which might be "stuck" in the same location.

Charles

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

From an old post by Fionn, I think, he said that bunkers/pillboxes are considered units, just like stationary tanks. So a "destroyed/knocked out/abandoned" bunker or pillbox is just like a "destroyed/knocked out/abandoned" tank. The basics are that they have crews just like tanks so the game mechanics simulate the bunkers and pillboxes like tanks.

I asked about this before thinking that the occupation of a bunker/pillbox was dynamic. Meaning that they could be occupied by anybody at any time, but that turned out to not be the case.

Ever hear the catchy line from the film "The Beast"?

"Out of fuel, become a bunker. Out of ammo, become a pillbox. Out of time, become heroes." biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Big Time Software:

Actually you're not allowed to move into pillboxes, so that's why it said "open ground".

Charles<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So just clarifying, neither side gets any defensive/cover benefit from MOVING infantry "on to" a bunker (intact, destoyed or abandodned)?

Are infantry just treated as occuppying the same terrain as what the bunker is situated in then (no matter the state of the bunker)?

Lt. Bull