Panzerfausts at night problem?

Been playing a bloody night battle with Cupacabra, (fog too), and my Hamsters won't use their PF-60s.

I have watched

- A platoon stare at an armored car at 23 m for 30 seconds, before the AC got bored and drove off. Note, the AC had driven to within range of the PF and the troops the previous turn, but my guys had refused to fire then also.. so i specially targeted them the second time.

- 2 squads in a building, pretty undetected, refused to use their PF on an easy-8 at 47m. One was high, so the chances of a top shot and kill were good.

- assorted other passing AC and so on targeted by my own troops by the tac-ai but no firing occured.

Grenades are working just fine, what's up with the fausts?

PeterNZ

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Hamsters Wrote:

PeterNZ: He hasn’t proven to be particularly valiant but I think he’d make a good doorman<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PeterNZer:

- 2 squads in a building, pretty undetected, refused to use their PF on an easy-8 at 47m. One was high, so the chances of a top shot and kill were good.

PeterNZ

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Undetected? Why do you think I was flinging HE at the building? smile.gif

Seriously though, I checked the squads which got your Wespe, and they have used rifle grenades. They took out the Wespe with small arms fire and regular grenades, but they did fire the rifle grenades as well. Keep in mind though that they were vets, in command, rested, and in good order.

------------------

Soy super bien, soy super super bien, soy bien bien super bien bien bien super super.

My guys were in command and had spotted the tank before you started firing at it, and there was the occassion with the armored car AND they were in C&C AND they were a rested untouched platoon.

Maybe my global moral is so poor they can't scartch their arse without cowering any more.

Still doesn't explain the armored car early on! ;p

PeterNZ

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Hamsters Wrote:

PeterNZ: He hasn’t proven to be particularly valiant but I think he’d make a good doorman<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ive found that if u dont actually target a tank/vehicle wiht me squad, theres usually a 50% chance the platoon will fire at them.

Panzerfaut units themselves shoot off but platoons dont sometimes.

Its a bug i think, maybe an AI aiming thing who knows really.

It can suck but ive learnt to live with it playing the germans.

Re the panzerschreck. Was the team in command and supported? Otherwise firing a schreck at night is a great way to say:

"Here we are!" The willingness to fire if exposed is minimal in this situation. What if you miss? And night + fog is no ideal condition to hit anything in.

Re the faust boys. I never count on any unit firing a faust, especially if they are inside a building. I personally would never ever fire a RCL weapon indoors. I like my hair and skin the way it is.

My two cents anyway.

------------------

Johan

"The succesful execution of a well devised plan often looks like luck to saps."

Dashiell Hammett

Yup, they were in C&C, and between the two platoons had 3 fausts and only 47m to hit the vehnicle. One platoon had height and so i figure even better chance to hit.

I think if you can order a platoon to charge a machinegun or flamethrower hehe.. you should be able to tell them to risk exposing themselves.

As for backblast, I believe it is significantly less than, say, a zook or PS. I've seen some footage of a PF fired and there is really no noticeable blast flame.. the unit is pretty small all round and i think with warning "achtung Panzerfaust!" any squad would be sorted for warning and I don't think buildings would burst into fire.. hmm.

Hell, there's an easy-8 approaching, you have a PF, one platoon regular 44's, the other FJ.. hell, they should be blasting! redface.gif

Could be a potential bug, like the night-los issues Chupie and I found.

PeterNZ

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I think if you can order a platoon to charge a machinegun or flamethrower hehe.. you should be able to tell them to risk exposing themselves.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If it's nighttime... the rules are different. I've had Regular squads panic just moving over open ground without receiving any fire.

47 meters at night... if you have low clouds and no moon I doubt you could make out much more than a vague shape at that range.

Plus if they had height, they wouldn't even get a silhouette which would make it an almost impossible shot.

------------------

Johan

"The succesful execution of a well devised plan often looks like luck to saps."

Dashiell Hammett