Supply?

Excuse my ignorance if this has already been covered in detail ("supply" search yielded little info).

Is the concept of supply going to be modelled in the campaign structure of the game?

I recall several older games (V for Victory series, TOAW, and Talonsoft Battleground games) where the concept of supply was modelled (more or less - Battleground used a simple ammo wagon which could be shot up), and provided the numerically inferior player with the opportunity to encircle a pocket of resistance, and wait for their ammo and food to run out. I always enjoyed this feature as it allowed for some very interesting and surprising tactics, such as going around and cutting off supply routes, rather than full frontal attacking. In fact, for a while, I would not even consider playing a wargame unless the concept of supply was modelled (at least until CC2 came along).

I realize that ammo re-supply is not really feasible in a single 60 minute scenario, but my understanding is CM scenarios are linked on a continuous map, and I would think that supply, or cutting off supply routes would be an incredible feature. At the end of each scenario, the supply route for each unit would be traced, and the ammo allocated would be affected by factors such as enemy control, terrain, and route length.

Just wondering. If not for CM, then for CM2?

Hundminen

[This message has been edited by Hundminen (edited 02-13-2000).]